upgraded to iGEN4/Fiery: how do I use my archived Creo CAB files with the Fiery rip?

MGB_LE

We have hundreds of gigbytes of archived CAB files from our iGEN3/Creo DFE combo. We've now upgraded to iGEN4/Fiery, as we no longer needed all the Creo bells adn whistles. Of course, there are years and years of CAB files with job ticketing and exception programming is not something I'd like to lose. Xerox hasn't provided a workaround, and it doesn't look hopeful, so I'm looking to the group for suggestions.

I do have an old Creo I put back on the network, though not attached to a press. I can pull in the CAB files to it, to note where slipsheets belong and stock programming. Then I re-rip my PDF or PS on the Fiery and reprogram the jobs on the Fiery based on the notes I gather from the CAB file.
Tell me there's a better way!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back