Using QR Codes With Print

I've been reading about QR Codes in every damn trade magazine out there. Looks like we have another holy grail. But this one, I think actually has some merit and I'm interested in it. Everything I've read so far tells my how important it is to jump on the bandwagon and how I can use it in my print business. Industry experts have written articles on what it is and why I should use it. BUT NOWHERE HAVE I SEEN ANYTHING ON HOW TO IMPLEMENT IT INTO PRODUCTION!!!!!!! Do I need expensive software? I've seen a free online code display thingy; I typed in my email and it displayed the code. Great. Now how do I get it on, say, my business card? Do I do a screen capture, crop it in Photoshop and drop it into my layout? I understand how it works on the receiving end- smart phones with a QR code reader app, takes a picture and then it executes a function like opening your browser and taking you to a website. Does it work like other barcode software? I use FusionPro's barcode font to generate my barcodes for direct mail; do I need to download a QR font? Or a QR generator app? Or, ugh, is this another piece of over-priced software I have to buy to get into the game? Can someone please shed some light on this for me? Apparently, I'm an idiot.:D

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back