UV-Setter 57 Support‏

Felipe

Hello, my name is Felipe and I work in a printing company from Brazil.

We have a problem with our UV-Setter 57 and hope you can help us: the RTC that goes in the Head-PC has lost it's charge and is not working anymore. It's model is M48T86PC1 and it looks like this:

$_57.JPG

We already found and bought this piece, but now we need the data that goes in it's EEPROM – it's a ".BIN" file extension, especific for the UV-Setter 57. We already tried with a file from a different model machine but it didn't work, and we can not find anyone else with an UV-Setter model 57 to copy it's EEPROM and send us the file.

So, we need you to send us this file (the data from the EEPROM inside the RTC), so we can record it in our empty RTC. We are willing to pay you for this service and we need this file with urgency, since our machine is not working for more than two months.

Since the UV-Setter 57 is an old model, it's been very hard to find someone to help us. So, if you can, please do it!

Please, answer as soon as possible, we appreciate your attention.

Thank you,

Felipe Augusto

Dear Felipe,

There is no need for that operation.
Please connect a keyboard to the Head PC computer (remove some covers first) and then turn on the lamp.
You will need a plate, some sun glasses, a magnifying glass and patience.
As soon as your Head PC has power it will try to boot up, i.e. will make a short beep, test memory, and then try to boot from HDD. The latest will not working because due to resetting the BIOS, the Head PC has forgot to boot from LAN.
In order to reestablish the working state of your CTP you have to change back the booting order to LAN first, and then all problems are solved :)
You need to: check from your plate type and note the Z value for plate or focus value; if your machine has two heads please note separately for each head the correct value.
Enter in the extended service menu (HEXE password) and go to the Laser menu,
Turn FOCUS on and enter the previous noted value,
check if the head is moving up or down and have a look at the bright violet image and see if you can read it.
You have to read perfecty from the small picture with a magnifying glass is the head is in focus.
Don't be worry that you will become blind because of the intense light,
the same intensity you will have it in the middle of the day in a summer sunny day so you will not get burns, skin cancer or blindness.
But in order to see the start-up screen you need to change the colors of the screen (no really colors but the gray (violet) shades scheme.
To do that, if I remember well, you have to press SHIFT F2 after pressing DEL after power ON and beep of the Head PC.
You press first DEL to enter BIOS SETUP and then you have to change colors, probably SHIFT F2.
Then you can read on the plate (use a non exposed plate) very well and you have to change from BIOS the boot up order placing LAN first.
Then save and exit.
This is all that you have to do it.
We didn't find the replacement chips so we cut with a saw the chip and connect an external 3V Lithium battery with two wires respecting the polarity. Then we seal everything with a resin and put back the old chip.

If you need more help contact me off line.

Best regards,
Mihai

Dear Mihai,

First of all, thank you very much for answering so fast!!! :D

I also thought that it could be just a matter of reconfiguring the BIOS setup (even not knowing yet exactly what to change), so I tried using a keyboard, sunglasses and some magnifying glasses, but the light was so intense that I couldn't keep looking long enough!

Now, with your tip, I will try again using the SHIFT+F2 hotkey to make the "screen" readable!

I will update you after trying the procedure.

Once again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Oh, I forgot to tell you something: I tried copying the EEPROM from another machine... After that, the head-PC boots up normally but when it starts the recording process it moves very much faster than usual and the head gets stuck in a few seconds. If that happens again, after changing the BIOS setup as you advised, do you know what could be the problem?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back