Versant 280 Polyester Issue

Hello everyone, have you ever seen this issue on your Versant 280?

We have a job that I’m trying to run and I’m getting no where with adjusting the transfer settings. . But we’re still getting quality issues. The same issues are occurring on both of Versant 280's. The stock is 14mil (pt) poliprint. The GSM on the package shows “410”. As you can see, we’re also getting a weird haloing. I’ve even tried simply running it single sided at 351-400 GSM

Link to paper: 12X18 139.68M 14MIL BRT WH POLIPRINT XEROGRAPHIC POLYESTER PAPER 175/CT 10007 | Paper & Print Media | VERITIV CORPORATION

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image_67225601.JPG
    image_67225601.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 142
  • image_67513601.JPG
    image_67513601.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:
We use Synaps XM instead of Poliprint, but the Synaps paper guide says run it single sided one pass at a time and set the stock profile to "Film".
It also says 14pt is untested on the 280, so it may just not be a good fit for your printer.

I wasn't able to find a compatibility guide for the Poliprint. You might want to contact Veritiv directly and see if they have a guide for it.

We use synaps Xm 300gsm and duplex it not problem at all on our v80.

Op, if you just use a basic coated 350gsm stock type is it still as bad, just wondering if you've jump straight into custom settings and set something wrong from the get go. It's a very weird effect you're getting.

Never used poliprint but the xerox is a versatile machine so I'd feel it shouldn't be a problem.

I’ve never tried running 14pt synthetic on the 280 just 12pt, but it does look like it would be pushing it over the limit. I’m curious if you have ever tried running the 280 in skip pitch mode for something like this. They call it ink setoff prevention on the console and Fiery (under finishing). It should slow the engine down to half speed, but it has never worked on my 280 and the tech has no answer as to why.

Maybe try some samples from another vendor to see if the halo effect disappears.

Here in the UK, I use a brand called Digituff 270micron = 365gsm. I don’t have any issues apart from registration it slightly skews off

Hi Priceline…
I have a hot job on our V180 to run on that stock. Any chance you’d be ble to screenshot or detail your custom paper setting for it? Would be MUCH appreciated. Our paper vendor is of no help whatsoever. And I’m getting horrendous results using standard stock settings. Slo

Hi Priceline…
I have a hot job on our V180 to run on that stock. Any chance you’d be ble to screenshot or detail your custom paper setting for it? Would be MUCH appreciated. Our paper vendor is of no help whatsoever. And I’m getting horrendous results using standard stock settings. Slo
Print out a image transfer adjustment sheet and choose the side 1 and 2 settings that look the best. Use coated 257-300 gsm setting and go from there. It'll probably be different on every machine and also change seasonally how well it runs.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back