Want To buy a digital printer that can run 300 GSM cardboard A4 sheets

omranco

We are currently using Xerox Phaser 7400 to print pin numbers & barcodes on preprinted A4 size 300GSM coated cardboard sheets. We experience many problems with these machnies, not to mention expensive consumables, major disadvantage is the embossing effect on the printed pin numbers which result in many rejected sheets after doing the scartch of silkscreen latex.
kindly help with suggestion on other kind of digital printers? we are thinking to buy the xerox Nuvera 120 please advice??
thanks

Omranco

The Xerox 7400 is rated for 270 gsm, Xante Ilumina is rated for 300gsm, it also like the Xerox Phaser 7400 begins as a Oki Data. Xante apparently modifies the device to be able to accept this gsm. Costs of consumables I assume would be about the same.

The Nuvera 120 is rated for 80 lb which is about 218 gsm.

Dear Sir
Thanks for your valuable info.
We are only going to use the black toner to print monochrome only.
Regarding the embossing effect on the printed black numbers & letters which we are currently experiencing with the Xerox 7400, is this effect likly to occure when we use the Xante Ilumina 502?
Please feedback.
Thanks & best regards

Omranco

My guess is you will have the same issue on the Xante as you do with the Xerox.

If you just need monochrome there is probably some other boxes to look at, I have mainly worked with high speed high production black and white and can't provide a lot of feedback on on other solutions. Maybe someone like Canon, Ricoh, or Xerox.

What type of stocks do you run, coated or uncoated, and what is your monthly impressions as well as do you have volume spikes where a high hourly or daily output is required? This might help other to jump in here.

Yes Sir I just need monochrome digital printer.
That is capable of printing on 300 GSM 4 color preprinted A4 size coated glossy cardboard
Rate of printing 3000-4000 sheets per hour.
Need 4 monochrome digital printers.
That can run this kind of stock 300 gsm preprinted coated glossy cardboard.
Please feedback on other solutions like Canon, Ricoh, or Xerox.
We tried XEROX PHASER 7400 to print black Only, our problem was the effect of embossed charcters.
Please advice if you have any experience with such solution.

Last edited:
xante Ilumina

xante Ilumina

We are currently using Xerox Phaser 7400 to print pin numbers & barcodes on preprinted A4 size 300GSM coated cardboard sheets. We experience many problems with these machnies, not to mention expensive consumables, major disadvantage is the embossing effect on the printed pin numbers which result in many rejected sheets after doing the scartch of silkscreen latex.
kindly help with suggestion on other kind of digital printers? we are thinking to buy the xerox Nuvera 120 please advice??
thanks

Omranco

The latest version of the ILUMINA is rated to 502 gsm.

xante Ilumina 502 as replacment for Xerox phaser 7400 TO RUN 300GSM STOCK

xante Ilumina 502 as replacment for Xerox phaser 7400 TO RUN 300GSM STOCK

Dear Mr. Sleeb

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.
# We are only going to use the black toner to print monochrome .
# THAT IS WHY WE ARE LOOKING FOR BLACK & WHITE PRINTER ONLY.
# Regarding the embossing effect on the printed black numbers & letters which we are currently experiencing with the Xerox 7400, is this effect likly to occure when we use the xante Ilumina 502 .

Please feedback IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THE xante Ilumina 502 .

Thanks & best regards

Omranco

Xante

Xante

thanks

Omranco

Dear Sir,
The Ilumina is marketed as a color digital press that runs very heavy stock, up to 502 gsm. To find out more about our extensive product line, you are welcome to visit xante.com and contact us for more information.

Kind Regards,
Brian

Hi!

what do you mean under "embossing effect"?
if you mean that numbers are "relief" and you can fell it by touching by finger - any laser printer will have this effect, becouse the layer of toner is putting onto the paper, and this layer have some thickness.

you can fill numbers not 100% black, but 90-80% - this effect will greatly decreases.

for your needs i will recomend old OKI C3100-C3200, if you can find it.
This is understructible printer, very cheap and small, and it prints 300 g cardboard.

or OKI 3xxx - 5xxx series.

or you can look for inkjet printer - something like eco-solvent Epson.

Last edited:
Dear obormot

thanks for your info.
Yes i mean printed pin numbers have a "relief" that is why we are looking for printers that does not have this kind of effect.

We need 10 mono printers of this kind.
I checked okic3200 its still avialable but i need the confirmation that i will not encounter this relief thing also on using these printers.

Please confirm if you had any experience with these oki c3200 printers?
Thanks
abohassan

Hello!

i have an experience with OKI C3100, C3200, C9500, but i did not pay attention to "relief problem". I can say that C3200 works with 300 g cardboard without problems, it is cheap, price for toners and drums is normal, and there is a good compatible toners and drums.

you can try to print text, filled with 80-90% black (instead 100% black) on your own Xerox Phaser 7400 (it is OKI C9600, but with Xerox label), the relief will be greatly decreased, if it will be ok - on OKI C3200 it will be ok too, or you can use Xerox Phaser 7400 and not get new printers.

PS or you can try Epson B300 or B500dn - it can quick and without problems print on 300-400 g. cardboard, absolutely without "relief problem", but i am not sure about COATED cardboard.

Last edited:
Re latex Overprint

Re latex Overprint

We have a Xerox 700 and the EA toner is very fine and the embossing you mention is not noticable on 300gsm gloss if you run single colour
do you seal the job for the scratch off to release ?

Dear Malkm
Thanks for the info.
* As I said we uses Xerox Phaser 7400 only for Monochrome printing of PIN numbers & (serial + barcode number).
* Second operation is to make a UV coating varnish offer the Preprinted Coated cards board includng the monochrome printed PIN number & other data.
* Third operation to Apply Scratch off RubRemovable Silver Silkscreen cover on the pin Number field only (Silkscreen method).
* Forth operation to print instructive Text over the scratch off layer.
Our Problem is that :
* Still you can eassly read the embossed / or high relief PIN number Digits by your nekid eye.
* We need to reduce this Problem.
* We need to by a better printer (monochrome) with cheaper consumables & higher speed to apply these variable data on our preprinted coated A4 size cardboard sheets.
* We need to know from others experience the best type of UV gloosy varnich that should be used for preprinted cardboard sheets, and will not make our printed scratch off laytex to be easly removed if we apply the scotch tape test.

thanks to further help and suggesstion that will help us in this respect.
regards.

Omranco

Canon's New imagePRESS rated for 300gsm!

Canon's New imagePRESS rated for 300gsm!

thanks

Omranco

Omranco - Contact Canon Business Solutions, or your nearest authorized Canon Dealer for the new imagePRESS C6000, or imagePRESS 1110s. The Xerox/Techtronics Phaser is the most expensive printer on the planet - so going to a B/W printer, especially designed for 300gsm is the way to go! Good luck!!

The Xerox/Techtronics Phaser is the most expensive printer on the planet - so going to a B/W printer, especially designed for 300gsm is the way to go! Good luck!!

The Phaser 7400 is a led oki engine, Xante, Oki Data, Xitron Prism are all very similar.

Tektronix, not Techtronics printers are solid ink those are now Xerox Phaser 8560 and 8860.

Hi Fellows
This is me again, I need your technical expertise help & your recommendation since we have a problem in getting the suitable UV varnish to apply over coated printed cardboard cards prior to applying the scratch off latex, our goal is to use the appropriate material that will make our paper scratch cards to resist or pass the gum or glow test when using scotch tape for testing the resistance of the scratch off layer.
Thanks for your cooperation.

Omranco.

Hi,

I have read the posts on here and am now interested in buying an OKI C3100. Will this be suitable to print onto 300gsm in colour or is the temp not high enough, and what is the print quaility like.

Thanks

Hi,

I have read the posts on here and am now interested in buying an OKI C3100. Will this be suitable to print onto 300gsm in colour or is the temp not high enough, and what is the print quaility like.

Thanks
OKI C3100 were way too long ago ceased from production, replaced with C3200 and then with C3300/C3400 which now turns to C3450 and C3600 models. So it is very unlikely to find them nowadays in the market. Plus their print quality belongs to early 2000th which is now too low in comparison to the current models. The strong point of it is an ability to handle the heavy stock media, way beyond the maximum quoted in the spec (which was 203gsm). The closest one by this ability is new C610n printer which "officially" can handle up to 250gsm...

Thanks for the reply, I managed to get hold of an Oki C5300 and it takes 300GSM board at a push. The print quality seems ok, need a new black image drum however.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back