waste products and producers

Wow!
I looked at the links I had no idea that this was happening.

Is this common?

Is it like this all over the world?

Do other countries keep records or have reporting requirements like those required by the US EPA?

WOW! I think I am beginning to understand. I brought this information to the attention of one of our suppliers yesterday and asked for an explanation. Oddly enough, he was dropping off more "Go Green" literature and was speechless when I showed him the waste his company has and continues to generate.
He is coming back to me with an answer as to how they can help our company go green when they generate so much hazardous waste. This should be interesting. It almost makes me feel deceived.
Ill update everyone once I get their response.

WOW! I think I am beginning to understand. I brought this information to the attention of one of our suppliers yesterday and asked for an explanation. Oddly enough, he was dropping off more "Go Green" literature and was speechless when I showed him the waste his company has and continues to generate.
He is coming back to me with an answer as to how they can help our company go green when they generate so much hazardous waste. This should be interesting. It almost makes me feel deceived.

Have you heard anything yet?

Printmaster07

It has been over 4 weeks now have you heard any answer yet?

I would be extremely surprised if you get any answer.

Printmaster07

It has been over 4 weeks now have you heard any answer yet?

I would be extremely surprised if you get any answer.

Wouldnt this be considered "Green Washing"? I mean these are the companies that are claiming to be "Eco" and "Green" yet they are clearly large scale waste generators. We want what is best for our employees and environment but I am begining to wonder. Are the any of the "green" products on the market today actually safe or is this just some marketing ploy?

Does Low Voc = Green or is that nonsense?

Wouldnt this be considered "Green Washing"? I mean these are the companies that are claiming to be "Eco" and "Green" yet they are clearly large scale waste generators. We want what is best for our employees and environment but I am begining to wonder. Are the any of the "green" products on the market today actually safe or is this just some marketing ploy?

There are few companies that have green supplies that actually are green and can supply the correct MSDS sheets.

BestChem&Supply is one.

Why is it that only a few select print chemistry manufactures are listed on the data base?
Is it by option that companies show full transparency?
It would be interesting to view figures from companies that predominantly manufacture greener print chemistry and compare them against the predominantly petroleum based manufactures.

No low VOC certainly does not always equal green.

EG: For instance there are leading print chemistry companies touting a wash "environmental & low/zero VOC" through the use of CAS# 64742-48-9 Napha "petroleum" hydrotreated heavy as its main ingredient.
This chemical is a non photo-chemically reactive solvent, hence the low VOC but the steps to produce it are not sustainable or green and its waste is certainly not considered green.
Classification of CAS# 64742-48-9 Carc. Cat. 2; R45 Muta. Cat. 2; R46 Xn; R65
Green and Petroleum to me is an oxymoron.

As Green printer and A BETTER WAY have stated there are truly green and safe products available.

Why is it that only a few select print chemistry manufactures are listed on the data base?
Is it by option that companies show full transparency?
It would be interesting to view figures from companies that predominantly manufacture greener print chemistry and compare them against the predominantly petroleum based manufactures.

All companies are supposed to report what is required by law.
There are only 2 consumable manufacturers that I know of who do not have to report anything because they have nothing to report.

One of the methods to find RTK data is get the address of the supplier and enter it into the RTK search.

You will find many different names and corporations as the owners or lessor of the properties.

Once you established the correct owner enter that data into the RTK data base and there will probably be other entities either corporations or companies or partnerships or land that pop up along with the RTK data.
It is very interesting to see how the print chemical consumable industry is entangled into each other.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back