What can you tell me about Monigraf ink systems?

bmoflaz

We have an opportunity to purchase some additional units for one of our web presses that are equipped with Monigraf ink keys. We're a Perretta shop front to back, so I don't have much background on Monigraf. What is the consensus (or is there one) about which one is better and which one I should swap out?

We have an opportunity to purchase some additional units for one of our web presses that are equipped with Monigraf ink keys. We're a Perretta shop front to back, so I don't have much background on Monigraf. What is the consensus (or is there one) about which one is better and which one I should swap out?

I would not expect any significant difference in performance in printing. Maybe reliability is different.

I am curious about any responses you get. Good luck.

I believe our Timson T32 has a Monigaf system. It works OK, but it seems to burn through servos at a rapid pace. Mind you, the press is over 14 years old.

We have customers with T32's. Although we only handle the electrical and electronic part of it, they do not seem to have any major problems with Monigaf remote inking system. Where are you located?

controlgraphicsusa.com

Altona Manitoba. Our press sits idle for about 99% of the time as it is an overflow press. Or is used for jobs that require 1/8th inch more headtrim.

I think it will come down to price. If you have more than two units on your base press, then it makes sense to swap to Perretta.

The biggest differences between Perretta and Monigraf is that the ink keys are steel giving much longer ink key life (Perretta keys are aluminum) and the entire mechanics are very robust. Monigraf is also a fully digital system with encoders in each motor., while Perretta isan old technology analog system. This gives Monigraf extremely high ink key positional resolution and far better ink film thickness control.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back