What printer for volume 10x15 printing?

Lwtr

Hi there.
We are a photography company, needing to print 100k 15x10 inch prints annually on photo paper.

We are looking at the Fujifilm Apeos printer range in the UK, any other brands that people would recommend? Looking to spend 20-30k GBP ish?

This can be very subjective when it comes to reproducing images that may be called photo prints. The Apeos isn’t the same as the ApeosPro. The Pro version will allow you to use a Fiery RIP for better color control. I have not seem the output from the ApeosPro but it does look very interesting since it's an LED printer with the ability to add gloss, at least that’s what they say.

It looks like the volume would be no problem for it but you'd be best to see the output for yourself to determine if it meets your specific needs. I’d love to see what people have say about this line that have actually used one of the ApeosPro models.

Hi there.
We are a photography company, needing to print 100k 15x10 inch prints annually on photo paper.

We are looking at the Fujifilm Apeos printer range in the UK, any other brands that people would recommend? Looking to spend 20-30k GBP ish?
Personally I don’t think I’d recommend a toner based printer for photography prints, especially on photo paper as the toner just sits on top of the paper so will always look more Matt than the paper itself, but I have no experience with the Apeos Pro printers.

If you have the space for multiple machines, you could look at the Epson Supertanks or the Epson Enterprise machines. They are going to be slower due to being inkjet vs toner, but you could get a few to keep up in terms of volume.

Alternatively, you could get something like the Epson P8500D which is a dual roll 44” printer, print on rolls of media, then get a graphtec (or similar) cutter to cut the prints out once printed on the Epson.

That was my first thought too. Toner production press and photo just never sit well with me. Having looked at the apeos pro website the whole page is themachine printing photos and specs do seem to indicate it's got unique features that may be photo print directed. Will be interesting to see if anyone has hands on experience with these.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back