What should Heidelberg fix in next Prinect workflow releases

AutomaticWork

Hi!

Not all users of Prinect Workflow got satisfyning support. :mad:
Not all problems have been adressed but they are annoying.:rolleyes:

I would like to collect those problems and send them to HD-Development.
Let's see how community makes Prinect workflow better.

Thank you for your help,
AutomaticWork

The number one for me would be, no mater what new features you implement, do not break basic functionality and features that already work.
For me this is number one annoyance.

-Return selective functionality (I was able to select pages from back to front and resulting PDF would respect that selection and give me PDF with reverse page order)
-Switch to native clients instead of using Java GUI, it is just horrible looking on both platforms (cosmetic)

This is from top of my head, I'll add as I remember things.

Hi Zoran,

I checked selective functionality by selecting pages in pages view (list and thumbnail presentation) in 11.01 and current 12.00 beta and sending them to AssemblePDF. It works...
How can I reproduce that issue?

Select last page, than hold shift and select first page and submit to Assemble PDF.
It should give you PDF with reverse page order.
It was a killer feature but it broke on ours two versions back and it does not work any more.
We tried Pages, page list view, Assemble PDF does not respect the order of selection any more.

Last edited:
We are on the last version, 2010.
I already posted details, go into page list or pages view, select last page, hold down shift than select first page. Now drag it to Assemble PDF sequence.
It should give you PDF with reverse page order. That does not work anymore.

Hi Zoran,

you finally got me!
Selecting last to first does work in List View (Pages or PageList) but does NOT work in Thumbnail View...:rolleyes:
I send that one to HD-Dev!

Thank you for your patience!

You are correct.
I just tested it (sorry for delay) and it works as you said.
I hope they fix it to work in thumbnail view as well as there are probably others out there who lost this functionality and are not aware of the workaround with list view.

Thanks for that one.

How about improving automation and making it work better?
For example I've setup hot folder (we bought automation licenses) for grayscale conversion so any user outside of the workflow dumps any PDF, which automatically gets converted to Grayscale and gets saved to output folder.
This works just fine, however for the life of me I can not figure out how to automatically delete input files so the job is self sustainable. Right now I have to delete PDF's manually in the job every month or so, otherwise job becomes so big that I can not open it anymore (I get cockpit used all 1 Gb memory and has to close). By the way I do have 8 Gb of RAM and plenty unused, cockpit for some reason can not be forced to use more RAM.
I tried "moving" files instead of copying in automation sequence as well as using "delete" but it looks like PTR tries to delete and for some reason can't and puts red x on files but I have to go manually and delete them.

Would it be useful to clean up job processing?
That means all files (only inside job home) and all processing data inside your "flow heater"-job will be removed by pressing a "Cleanup"-Button...

Here is couple of more suggestions for improvement or new functionality:
---
-Custom renaming files, e.g. Assemble low-res PDF we want to be named according to our naming structure (Add sequence bit, e.g. LR for low-res PDF's, etc..)

-Ability to output versioning layers from Separations view (our pet peeve as we use Layers extensively so you have to send entire job from Layout view to render plates, than delete all the other separations in order to output only separation you want)

-Option to choose different linescreen for different separations in Plate Output Sequence, e.g. we always output metallic colors at 30 micron, regardless of linescreen of the job (we used to be able to do it on Brisque back in day)

-When assigning empty page, option to add varnish as well (assign empty page with varnish)

-Retain Page Geometry when page replaced with file with same name

Im still on PM2010, Id like 2011 but cant upgade my hardware yet.
PDF and RA approvals should have an option to send to 'customer only', 'CSR(Rep) only' or 'customer and csr'. I think this is availble in pm2011
PDF and RA approvals should have an option to reply the approval email to 'customer only', 'CSR(Rep) only' or 'customer and csr'.
Approval notificatoin email to include Customer name. At the moment it only includes job name, job number. This is fine if it gets sent to the customer but if it gets sent to a rep they have to look up the number to see what client it relates to.
Would like to be able to change job number simlar to 'rename job'. This is vital for RA jobs created using job templates online by the customer as the job will have whatever customer job number they use and not our production number. It means we have to copy the job and then delete the online job which is very manual.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back