what will you look for the most at Drupa 2012

mazengh

What will be your main target at drupa 2012? just curious to know what everyone is thinking about in these hard times. For our company we are looking to diversify through the purchase of small finishing machinery that will create more possibilities for our offset printing... If any company has small finishing equipment please contact me :)

I'm going over to look at some die cutting automation, want to see the Highcon Euclid, fantastic idea methinks. Also the new Ryobi press, 8000 B2 an hour digital sounds pretty amazing .

The really cool idea sounds like this new tech from Landa Corp, i don't know much about it but apparently it could be the holy grail machine able to run copies of 1 to 5000 (cost effective at both!) sounds too good to be true, but you never know!

I think there will be lots of innovation happening from try small outfits, because so many heads are available its relatively easy now for small companies to use 3rd party heads and create a sheetfed inkjet printing system.

Should give the big boys a run for their money.

Tim

both machines sound like the holy grail, but not sure how mature the technology is, and if the price is a lot more than heidelberg's XL offset press for example, then it's not worth it.

According to Benny, he has done that comparison already and nanotech will have a lower cost of ownership.

Al

Has anyone seen the nano machines yet? I agree with Mazengh somewhat about the cost of ownership. All of the inkjet offerings i've seen from the big players cost way too much for the capital investment, with such a slow hourly sheet speed the true cost per click makes it difficult to turn a profit.

But i'm sure in a few years the cost of these bits of kit will come down.

Hopefully this landa corp machine will be living in the real world and price their machines to sell on a large scale.

Tim

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back