Where can I get 14pt coated to run on my Xerox?

Drawkward

Maybe somebody can help out here. We would like to get our hands on a 14pt coated cover stock(pref. cut). I cannot seem to find it anywhere. We would like to be able to offer that kind of stock to match the stock we get from our big companies we outsource to. I like Kromakote but it doesn't have to be that brand.

Any ideas?

What model Xerox do you have? 14pt will more than likely be over your specs. unless it's an iGen.

They do make 14pt 300gsm papers. You need to contact you paper company or see your Xerox rep. for assistance.

you always need to look for the GSM value, the PT value is not good enough. Machines are rated based on GSM. For instance, you can have 12pt that is 250gsm, 280gsm or 300gsm.

I've found a C1S 15pt stock (Carolina Low Density Blanks from International paper) that runs fine through our Docucolor 250. It's probably the max though. We did try some 14pt C2S (same brand) a while back but had jamming problems and it seemed to "cut" the fuser rollers causing a need to replace the fuser on the machine constantly. Of course this doesn't have the high gloss of Kromekote though.

I've found a C1S 15pt stock (Carolina Low Density Blanks from International paper) that runs fine through our Docucolor 250. It's probably the max though. We did try some 14pt C2S (same brand) a while back but had jamming problems and it seemed to "cut" the fuser rollers causing a need to replace the fuser on the machine constantly. Of course this doesn't have the high gloss of Kromekote though.
What was the GSM of the paper? Are you following these (highly recommended) guidelines?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back