Where do I go from here!

Dave C

I am currently using PowerLayout and then exporting out postscript files to an outside vender who in turn provides me with trapped, color separated tifs. What kind of software/hardware should I be looking into so that I can take care of all my trapping and color separations in house.

Dave

Are you using the standalone application or the ArtPro module?
It looks to me like PowerTrapper would do the traps.
Is your vendor supplying screened 1-bit separated tiffs or 8-bit?
You should probably contact Esko, they would be able to get you where you need to go.

Thanks for responding. I am new at this company, and I am trying to figure out exactly what they have going on here. I am going to say that I have the ArtPro module, because I do have that program loaded, I just can't open it because I don't have the security key. I am also getting 1 bit tifs back. We have tried Esko a couple of times an no one has gotten back to us yet.

PowerTrapper would definitely do the traps.
You're going to need a RIP for the 1-bit tiffs and there are a bunch of them to choose from.
I still think Esko is who you need to talk to. Apparently they are not interested in potential new sales! All my Esko contacts are Southern Cal.

Thanks Dave, got it and have forwarded to the correct people, they assure me they will call asap.
Sorry for the inconvenience we all drop the ball occasionally, but it's all good now

Problem is that if you reread his 6/19 12:00 PM post you will see that he reports calling Esko twice. Not looking good.

Al

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back