Whose Medicine Am I Taking?

GreenShawn

Hi i found some really cool article about wha drugs and how they they are production is

affecting our environment

Millions of steroids, anti-depressants, antibiotics, sex hormones, drugs for cancer and heart

disease and other drugs Americans swallow every day end up in our sewage, reappear in our

drinking water and are consumed again …not, of course, by those for whom they were

intended.

More recently, an investigative team from the Associated Press (AP) surveyed the water

source for 50 major cities in the U.S. as well as the water source for 52 smaller

communities. The study found up to 56 drug chemicals in the drinking water in some areas

and the widespread presence of pharmaceuticals in the drinking water of more than 41

million Americans.

You can read more from this link check it out and let's discuss it

-medicine-am-i-taking&catid=13:planet-helper&Itemid=49

If this were imposed on the Pharma industry:
"What can be done?

1.Pharmaceutical companies could be required to evaluate the excretion percentage and possible transformations of each drug for which it seeks approval"

Medicine would go up in price. The Pharma industry is very heavily regulated (as it should be) and it cost big money to follow suit with all the rules and regulations; thus the products produced reflect the expense in operational costs.

We're not talking ISO here, ISO is child's play in comparison, the regulations are quite heafty and every employee is required to train and test to maintain employment.

Pharma companies that produce goods to be sold in the US, Europe, Mexico, Canada, Asia, etc - have to comply with all of the regulations from all the markets they supply.... this is not cheap from an operational stand point.

It is concerning that I may be ingesting chemicals from medication I do not take.... I don't take any thing on a regular basis... but the #1 solution from that link would be like asking all the printers in the world to test the reactions there printed products may have sitting in the landfill. As we all know, everything we print - ends up in a landfill. ; )
How many of the smaller printers would go broke trying the fund the testing and analysis?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back