X 700 + efi es-1000

leegreen

Hi,

Just wondering how people are using the EFI Color Profiler Suite / ES-1000 with the Xerox 700?

The X 700 is not listed as a device when printing patches from the profiler suite, however you can run it as a generic CMYK device.

My reason for asking is when you calibrate the X 700, it will not allow you to calibrate for a particular media until there is an output profile associated with it. Which is fine, except the X700 is not listed in the EFI CPS.

So creating a profile with EFI CPS as a generic CMYK device, produces a very very light print by default, so I manually increased the dmax.

Original / Manually Adjusted
C 1.53 / 2.23
M 1.46 / 2.16
Y 1.06/ 1.76
K 1.69 / 2.39

Is this an acceptable method to create my EFI CWS Profiles?

Just spoke with a guy from EFI, and my method of Generic CMYK + manual adjustment to the D max is the only method of calibrating this device at this time until EFI CPS is updated.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back