Xerox DC5000AP / Creo Spire Question

inhouse

Is it possible to control the creo rip from a networked mac workstation? Jobs are currently queued by operators who then have to go to the rip to alter settings - can this be done directly from the workstation? operator macs are all intel core 2 duo imacs.

It doesn't have a Command Workstation utility like Fiery, however you could in theory use something like Go2MyPc to control the Creo as it's simply a networked windows workstation.

I use TeamViewer, not cheap but works very well. Or alternately if you already own a copy of Apple Remote Desktop you can connect to PC if you setup VNC.

Here's a small how to I found here: Apple - Support - Discussions - Using Apple Remote Desktop to Control ...

First download your self a copy of Real VNC and install the VNC server on each of the machines u wish to control. Then make sure u create a password on each, this is done by opening the VNC app, (double click on icon in taskbar)VNC Password authentication.

Then goto ARD3 and in the Scanner section add the ip or domain name/computer name of a computer to control.

Username :Admin
Password : What ever you chose

Job done, now u can control you pcs via your mac.

Use Remote Desktop Connection.

The installer should be inside one of the CREO software folders. Just intall it in any MAC and you'll connect dirently into the CREO.

Use Remote Desktop Connection.

The installer should be inside one of the CREO software folders. Just intall it in any MAC and you'll connect dirently into the CREO.

The Spire Remote Admin Client i have is only a classic application so doesn't work with OS10.x

X33

X33

Using this client logs the rip out to log you in and in doing so breaks the connection with the printer - is there a work around?

no, that's how it is. One connection at a time, either local or remote.

There's also a new CREO Remote Workspace tool. It might do what you want. I don't know where to get it, so you need to contact your local Xerox/CREO support.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back