Do We Have A Xerox DC250 or 260 ??????

PrintingFools

We are buying a 2nd machine. We are looking at getting a dc260 as we were told it runs a bit faster than the 250. The machine also fits our budget.
Here is our question:
Our current machine was swapped out by xerox when the first one was beyond repair. The machines blue badge says it is a 250. But the serial says 260 on the screen.
Is it a 260 and is this what I should expect from it. If so..than I dont really see a difference and would prefer to get another cheaper 250.

Or did xerox do something to the 260 to make it run like a 250...or slow it down...and the new 260 will be better ????????

Thanks, All

We are buying a 2nd machine. We are looking at getting a dc260 as we were told it runs a bit faster than the 250. The machine also fits our budget.
Here is our question:
Our current machine was swapped out by xerox when the first one was beyond repair. The machines blue badge says it is a 250. But the serial says 260 on the screen.
Is it a 260 and is this what I should expect from it. If so..than I dont really see a difference and would prefer to get another cheaper 250.

Or did xerox do something to the 260 to make it run like a 250...or slow it down...and the new 260 will be better ????????

Thanks, All

If it is 60ppm in color single-sided on plain paper, its a DC260, if it is 50ppm, its a 250. Whip out a stopwatch. ;)

If you're in North America, the 260 is a 220v machine while the 250 is a 110v machine, so there is little chance of a mixup.

the specific models of xerox 250 or 260 are the same - the only difference is the speed which is a specific setting from the xerox which adjusts the speed of the motor to 50 cpm or 60 cpm but basically the machines are same without any difference

the specific models of xerox 250 or 260 are the same - the only difference is the speed which is a specific setting from the xerox which adjusts the speed of the motor to 50 cpm or 60 cpm but basically the machines are same without any difference

This isn't true worldwide. It may be true in 200-240v territories, but is isn't in North America where the DC250 is a 110v machine and the DC260 is a 220v machine. Of the 240/242/250/252/260 series, all BUT the 260 were 110v.

Obviously they are nearly identical, but the power supply systems and fusers and whatnot are different between the two.

It is enough of a difference that, at least in North America, it would be next-to-impossible to "accidentally" replace one with another.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back