Presstek dimention 800

Payless

Is there any one can help me to solve my PrePress issue?
Yesterday,as usual I tried to image my Azura TS plate on Presstek Dimension 800 did not work perfectly and machine was not able to complete the task.After 10 to 15 minutes I decided to stop the machine and removed the plate, when I looked the plate only few strips with image printed on it (Please see the attached picture).
Is there any one can help me to diagnose the problem and advise me how I can solve this issue?

Attachments

• 2013-10-08 21.12.19.jpg
    2013-10-08 21.12.19.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 166
  • 2013-10-08 21.12.36.jpg
    2013-10-08 21.12.36.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 173
Last edited:
When that happens with us, its the filter that needs to be changed. We have a dimension 250 (at least I think thats the model number).

Azura TS plates have a color of emulsion lighter than others.
Some optical sensors can't recognize the plate surface for imaging or for plate placement on the drum.

Last edited:
Thank You wondering, I removed the vacuum system of Dimension 800 and used Vac Shop instead it worked. Machine was able to image but the problem I am facing right now it is too slow it took almost 0.5 hour to image the plate. What do you advise now?
another thing the Vacuum filter for Dimension 800 is too expensive any advise?
We have 2 following filters in Dimension 800
1, Pat Technology System
Carbon Filter P UF F200
s/n M-0053 0313

2, Pat Technology System
Particle Filter P UF-F2006
s/n M-0054-0458

Can I find used above mentioned Filter numbers?

Thank You

Last edited:
I used a Dimension 800 for a short time - I only had to deal with it for a few months, thank goodness, but the shop had it for 5 years prior and it was nothing but trouble the entire time, so good luck!

We were able to extend the life of the vacuum filters by taking them outside and banging them on the floor to knock loose some of the dust. We were using Presstek plates, though, which were very dusty after imaging. I wouldn't think the Azura would be dusty, but when I used them it was on an Avalon CTP,

Not sure what the filters are like with your unit, but with ours, its in a sealed metal box, makes it easier to charge an insane amount of money for a cheap filter. We ripped apart our filter box, cleaned it with compressed air and sealed things up again. It is not a perfect solution, but we usually get double the life out of a filter now and save the price of a new filter.

Dimesion 800 also has a sealed metal box. What I should do, Should I break a part and try to clean this filter as you did it but looks like very heavy metal and one of them has sands in it. Please advise

Hi would second what Dcurry said. Take the metal filter box out, not apart, and drop it from about 14 inches off the ground flat. Causes the dust to settle/compact and you may get some more life out of it. Not a permanent fix at all and not the best solution but if a new filter isn't an option it may work.

When we take ours apart, they are very VERY dirty inside. Dropping it to shake some things lose does not seem like it would help much. We use Anthom Pro plates though, so they may be dirtier then the plates you use. They are not meant to come apart as presstek wants to sell you new filters. You have to carefully remove the bottom, cutting into it and just working it till you get it free. It is your own risk though when doing something like this as it was not made to do this. Make sure its sealed up tight when putting it back together.

Dimension 800 is too slow

Dimension 800 is too slow

After cleaning the filter machine is imaging the plate but speed is slow is there any one can help me to solve this issue

After cleaning the filter machine is imaging the plate but speed is slow is there any one can help me to solve this issue
one more thing there are two filter one of them is on left
Pat Technology System
Carbon Filter P UF F200
s/n M-0053 0313
the other one is on right which is
Pat Technology System
Particle Filter P UF-F2006
s/n M-0054-0458
I cleaned the left one plenty of dust came out after that we did reset the machine (means cheated the machine) and reset the filter value to zero
now machine is imaging the plate but the speed is too slow is there any one can help me to solve this issue

I found the solutions there was a problem in networking Presstek Technician visited my machine and advised me to reset all networking things and finally it worked Thanks Presstek

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back