The Company Strategy

gordo

662 The Company Strategy.jpg

Ok,ok,ok. If you think it'll help, I'll let you in on it. But, please, this is highly confidential. Shsssh. Not a word of this is to leave this room. The Company's goal and strategy is:
(whispering)
Increase profitability by increasing market share.

Ok,ok,ok. If you think it'll help, I'll let you in on it. But, please, this is highly confidential. Shsssh. Not a word of this is to leave this room. The Company's goal and strategy is:
(whispering)
Increase profitability by increasing market share.
Wow! Who would have thought of that? You're a genius!

Looking back on my corporate days, cant believe there is so much bull sh-t involved.

What's your corporate goal?
Um, to make money.
What's your corporate strategy?
Umm..to sell stuff for more than it costs me to produce it?
What's your company's mission statement?
Ummm....to make money.

Anybody tells you anything different, its bs

Contrast that with the employee…
What's your personal goal?
Um, to make money.
What's your personal strategy?
Umm..to work as little as possible to make as much money as possible
What's your personal mission statement?
Ummm....to make more money than I can spend and quit working!

Anybody tells you anything different, it’s bs

Therefore we can say that the employee’s position is in line with the employer’s.

Sorry Gordo, deleted the post. Thought it was too negative. Will add something upbeat in a few

Loved your reply. Is there any way to un-delete a post?

Wow! Who would have thought of that? You're a genius!
Why.......Yes! Yes I am! How nice of you to notice!
Remember, it's a secret, so, dont spread it around. If our competitor finds out and starts doing the same thing, we're basically screwed.

Therefore we can say that the employee’s position is in line with the employer’s.
I love it when we are all on the same page. Employer & Employee, shoulder to shoulder, side by side, all striving for the same goal.

Contrast that with the employee…
What's your personal goal?
Um, to make money.
What's your personal strategy?
Umm..to work as little as possible to make as much money as possible
What's your personal mission statement?
Ummm....to make more money than I can spend and quit working!

Anybody tells you anything different, it’s bs

That's why I think any company's "Mission Statement" is a bunch of bs. It's always to make money, and anything else is just fairy tales.

That's why I think any company's "Mission Statement" is a bunch of bs. It's always to make money, and anything else is just fairy tales.
This might be why you have an entire generation of people who are confused about the "mission" of the company and are doing marketing and other things that are counter-productive to sales. They've actually bought into the myth that all these other things matter more to customers than "price and product" because they think "mission" is more important to customers than price and product.

Really, what the truth is that it's a hierarchy:
If price and product are comparable then customers might look at "mission" and add that value to the mix when making the decision but the true long-term hierarchy is:
1) Product & Price (the balance between those two things)
2) then everything else.
Selling the most product to the widest range of customers means being neutral on a lot of things. If your customers base is not neutral then you're fine to eliminate the base that wasn't going to buy your product in the first place. If your base includes people across the spectrum then neutrality is essential to achieving #1 which IS and always will be the primary mission of any company.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back