Xerox J75 Service Agreement Toner question

I'm not exactly sure how you bought your machine, but we got ours through a company that isnt owned by Xerox, but is a dealership. We contacted Xerox directly, and after an inquiry, we got a call back from this company, who is contracted with Xerox to handle all the negotiations for a certain area. But everything is Xerox. Our techs come from all over the area, and are Xerox technicians, not technicians for this company. When I order supplies or call for over the phone service, I get Xerox directly. So just because your talking with a company who's name isn't Xerox, doesn't mean your not buying the equipment and service directly from Xerox. And I must say the company I dealt with was absolutely amazing. They come down regularly to make sure everything is going good, check in often, and bend over backwards to take care of anything I need. And service with Xerox has been nothing short of excellent. And practically 0 problems with the machine after about 1.4 million clicks after 6 months.

This is all anyone could hope for. Sounds encouraging but I'm sure it just depends what company has the rights to the territory you are in.

I'm not exactly sure how you bought your machine, but we got ours through a company that isnt owned by Xerox, but is a dealership. We contacted Xerox directly, and after an inquiry, we got a call back from this company, who is contracted with Xerox to handle all the negotiations for a certain area. But everything is Xerox. Our techs come from all over the area, and are Xerox technicians, not technicians for this company. When I order supplies or call for over the phone service, I get Xerox directly. So just because your talking with a company who's name isn't Xerox, doesn't mean your not buying the equipment and service directly from Xerox. And I must say the company I dealt with was absolutely amazing. They come down regularly to make sure everything is going good, check in often, and bend over backwards to take care of anything I need. And service with Xerox has been nothing short of excellent. And practically 0 problems with the machine after about 1.4 million clicks after 6 months.

That is exactly the way ours are now. The first one that we bought from Comdoc was serviced by them. They are owned by Xerox but sell and service their own machines. Just because a company is owned by Xerox does not mean they are Xerox. We found out that there is a major difference.

I was wondering if anyone in this conversation with Versant 2100 history could answer a few questions, to make sure my sales guy isn't trying to pull one over on me: Xerox sales is stating that the lowest possible base service contract on a 2100 is $770 a month, and that's with zero clicks. Also they claim the lowest they can go on the Fiery ex2100 is $800 and compared to my J75 and 700 these are big jumps. Are they in line with what others have been quoted? I understand there can be configuration and volume variances. (term is 72 months)

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone in this conversation with Versant 2100 history could answer a few questions, to make sure my sales guy isn't trying to pull one over on me: Xerox sales is stating that the lowest possible base service contract on a 2100 is $770 a month, and that's with zero clicks. Also they claim the lowest they can go on the Fiery ex2100 is $800 and compared to my J75 and 700 these are big jumps. Are they in line with what others have been quoted? I understand there can be configuration and volume variances. (term is 72 months)

Are those numbers the lease costs? They can't possibly be service base charges with no clicks. That's insane. We don't pay that on either of our 2100's.

We have (2) 2100's also, and we do not pay a monthly "base service" amount on either the printer, or the rip, unless, it's somehow wrapped up in our lease payment (60-month) and I'm just not seeing it. It could be because, at our average monthly volume, they are assured of a certain amount of revenue from the clicks that would exceed a minimum monthly base charge - if there was one. Are you dealing direct with Xerox, or, through a dealer?

I think he's either getting a great deal on a 2100 at $1570 a month (or at least that seems to be a good deal), or he's getting royally screwed and has to pay the lease payment on it plus the "base service charge". I'm curious to find out which one it is.

The dealer is the Xerox direct dealer here in the area, the Xerox sales managers always come with him to meetings. They are quoting me 860 for the machine (v2100), 798 for the rip (fiery ex2100 not the ex-p) and are telling me there is a base maintenance of 770 with zero clicks. I only pay around $250 on my J75 and 700's so I questioned the huge jump and they gave me some stuff about "different level of machine" blah blah... so in total we are at 2428 a month on 72 months. They will drop it 200 if I ditch the booklet maker and go with the standard stacker... we are lower volume at around 80,000 clicks a month

The dealer is the Xerox direct dealer here in the area, the Xerox sales managers always come with him to meetings. They are quoting me 860 for the machine (v2100), 798 for the rip (fiery ex2100 not the ex-p) and are telling me there is a base maintenance of 770 with zero clicks. I only pay around $250 on my J75 and 700's so I questioned the huge jump and they gave me some stuff about "different level of machine" blah blah... so in total we are at 2428 a month on 72 months. They will drop it 200 if I ditch the booklet maker and go with the standard stacker... we are lower volume at around 80,000 clicks a month

That final price for the 2100 seems fairly on par. I think the v80's run about 1800ish a month and I know what our 1000i runs us, so 2400/month seems about right. I'm sure someone with a 2100 here could give you a better idea though.

Yeah, that's about right. My payments are a little higher, but, we opted for the ex-p rip (much more expensive than the ex) and, our lease length was shorter (60 months as opposed to 72 months)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back