9x12 28 lb Peel and Seal Envelopes on a Xerox DC252 ?

kevinphila

Hi Everybody

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to print 9x12 28 lb Peel and Seal Catalog Envelopes on a Xerox DC252.

I have the customer using labels so I dont need to worry about them putting them through a laser printer again.

Trying to keep some jobs in house and that would be an awesome capability.

Thanks for the advice

Kevin in Phillly

Gee whiz everybody! Why all the hate on running envelopes and DC252?! A couple weeks ago, I put 600 10.5 x 10.5 catalog envelopes through my 252. For some reason, my Xante didn't like them so out of desperation, I tried the Xerox and amazingly, it worked! Black only, the return address and the delivery addresses (I was mailing them). Just try it and see if it works! But don't use your nicest fuser in case there's a jam.

:p

How about just regular 9x12 Catalogs will they work? I ran some 6x9 envelopes the other day and they seemed to work.

We've run thousands of peel n' seal through out dc250 without problems. We run them so the long edge goes in first. While we always use a crappy fuser I've never had problems with adhesive build-up or printing problems. We always run through the bypass tray in small lifts (25 max) and have only moderate jamming (maybe 2-3 on a 500 count run).

We also run A6, A2 announcement envelopes (square flap) and #10's in small quantities. I say small quantities of less than 500 because the flap needs to be opened on each envelope to print and minimize wrinkling.

You'll want to make sure that you have "face up" output set on the finisher to minimize movement through the machine...i.e. making the envelope invert in the inverter which leads to tons more jamming.

I regularly run envelopes through the 242 and our B&W 4112. The 2000 4/4 10x13's with 80% coverage on each side was probably pushing it but the worked. The biggest issue is the machine crushes the crap out of the envelopes and you can get wrinkles. Sometime the way you think they should run is not the way they run the best. I always set the paper type to plain on side 1 on side 2 I sometimes have to set it as heavyweight.

And make sure face up printing is selected.

Thanks for the tips guys. I have a Ricoh HQ9000 that I ran them on. Not one jam. Every print shop should have one of the digital duplicators. I ran 1,000 9x12 Catalog Peel and Seal from start to finish in less than 15 mins. My press guy was still scratching his balls and inking up the press and I had them done.

I'm going to try the regular 9x12 Catalogs on the DC252 with an old fuser and see what happens. Thanks for the tips.

Printing Less Qty Envelope is EASY NOW

Printing Less Qty Envelope is EASY NOW

HI Everyone,

I tried direct printing on Envelopes on Xerox DC5252 & Knoica Bizhub. But these machines are not good enough to handle continuous job like this.

If you really need solutions for direct printing on Envelope then buy any 13x19 inch Epson Printer and then you can print any number of envelopes with good output.

Also running cost will go down if you will use CISS system with your epson inkjet printer.

At present I am using Epson 1390 inkjet printer with CISS system. Almost 25,000 envelopes of different sizes I printed on it. Running cost is also very low. Like Rs.1/- per envelope.

...If you really need solutions for direct printing on Envelope then buy any 13x19 inch Epson Printer and then you can print any number of envelopes with good output.

Also running cost will go down if you will use CISS system with your epson inkjet printer.

At present I am using Epson 1390 inkjet printer with CISS system. Almost 25,000 envelopes of different sizes I printed on it. Running cost is also very low. Like Rs.1/- per envelope.

Could you elaborate some more, or perhaps tell us about a single experience? At times when my Xante has failed me, I used my Epson RX590 to get the job done. It was slow as hell, but it worked for a few hundred A7s and the cost was very low. What is a CISS system?

I need to get a quote on custom 2 window 9x12 envelopes... I dont have the machine for it... Who can I talk to?

I am laying variable 8.5x11 inside them with the address ect, hence the 2 windows... So I guess I need an envelope manufacturer? Anybody?

I need to get a quote on custom 2 window 9x12 envelopes... I dont have the machine for it... Who can I talk to?

I am laying variable 8.5x11 inside them with the address ect, hence the 2 windows... So I guess I need an envelope manufacturer? Anybody?

Search for an "Envelope Convertor" or similar. We personally use LeFavor Envelope in Utah and have had excellent service.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back