Feeding Issues from Large Capacity Tray - Konica Minolta 65hc/6501

tdmlt

Hi

We purchased a Konica Minolta BizHub Pro 65hc 18 months ago and mainly produce very short run jobs. Whenever we produce larger run jobs 150 sheets + using heavy artboard (250 or 300gsm) we get a mishandled paper error every 10-15 sheets. To solve the error all we do is open the large capacity tray, push the paper back in place and close the tray again.

Whilst there is no serious error, this problem results in a printing time of circa 4 hours to print 1000 SRA3 sheets both sides and the printer constantly having to stop anything that he is doing to attend to the machine. We have raised this issue with our local KM representative, with KM EMEA technicians, and with the head of servicing of KM Germany.

All have told us there is no solution, it is due to the coating on artboard etc..... and they do not realise that we cannot possibly be competitive on price if a job takes this much labour to fulfill.

Does anybody have any solutions as we are at a complete loss as to what to do?

Many thanks

Sounds to me like the paper is slipping in the feed/pickup tires. Do you have the 2 tray LCT or the smaller one?

You can try cleaning the feed tires with some water or Fantasic and that may help you somewhat.

Try adjusting the tension pin on the side of the tray. Also, if you don't have a weight kit for the feeder, get one from Konica. Is your air assist on?

Dear Friend,

The cause of your Problem is paper pick roller. please chage the paper pickup roller and also check the paper weight setting.

We solved the problem by placing a heavy magnet on top of the feed roller carrier when working with heavy coated stock. Works great!

I've had a 65hc for 5 yrs now. What's your print count?
We live in a humid city, so for us, the problem is the paper. We solved it by fanning the paper with a regular salon ionized hair dryer

Did you ever get this issue figured out?

We had this same issue and it didn't really matter what paper we were using, we would get a J-1501 many times during a job. They replace the tires many times, which didn't do much. Then I told them they need to investigate more, they found a part (I couldn't say which one) within the pickup assembly that had been installed either backwards or upside down. They rebuilt the pickup assembly with the parts installed correctly and viola! It works beautifully now.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back