Automated Imposition on Indigo 5500

pilla

I was put in charge of automating web to print files from Pressero to HP Indigo 5500. I have created impositions and uploaded .imp files to the DFE. I referenced the correct .imp via JDF which it pulls. However... If the portrait page is asked to rotate 90 degrees, it rotates but the image box outputs square. The box is exactly the size of the page width. If I rotate the page first, and print portrait its perfect. Anyone have this happen? Any hints or am I just going to have to rotate manually and re-upload the asset?

Pilla, If you have very small volume, then manual rotation should work for you. However this is time consuming and prone to errors. We are partners of Aleyant (Pressero) and HP and offer automation imposition solutions. If you want to see a live demo, contact me directly.

Ray Duval
Ultimate TechnoGraphics
raymond @ imposition . com

Pilla, If you have very small volume, then manual rotation should work for you. However this is time consuming and prone to errors. We are partners of Aleyant (Pressero) and HP and offer automation imposition solutions. If you want to see a live demo, contact me directly.

Ray Duval
Ultimate TechnoGraphics
raymond @ imposition . com

I have a demo coming. In the end this may be the way to go. Thank you.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back