Looking for Ricoh 8110s help

Spot24wsn

Newbie here looking for some advice/help.

I've been running printers for some time. My company finally upgraded our 1107 to a 8110. I've hit a snag with this machine that I haven't seen before and I was wondering if there was anyone in the community here who might be able to help.
I'm trying to print out pre cut tabs, and have noticed there is a heavy fade out on the tab edge. Some tabs are really washed out, while others come out fine (a lot less good then bad). Tech service has given some advice, but I have gotten nowhere.
Has anybody else had this problem? Did you get it resolved? I was told there is a possible hardware fix, but that it might prove problematic for regular stocks.

Not specific to Ricoh, but in my experience, these problems have been caused by physical handling of the stock...any finger oils, or bends in the stock, will result in a deletion. I personally *hate* the precut tab stock, and luckily we don't run much of it (we diecut our own tabs).

Perhaps you can try wearing gloves while handling the stock?

Newbie here looking for some advice/help.

I've been running printers for some time. My company finally upgraded our 1107 to a 8110. I've hit a snag with this machine that I haven't seen before and I was wondering if there was anyone in the community here who might be able to help.
I'm trying to print out pre cut tabs, and have noticed there is a heavy fade out on the tab edge. Some tabs are really washed out, while others come out fine (a lot less good then bad). Tech service has given some advice, but I have gotten nowhere.
Has anybody else had this problem? Did you get it resolved? I was told there is a possible hardware fix, but that it might prove problematic for regular stocks.

Are the tabs coated or uncoated? What kind are they? Is there any printing on the tab that looks good? Usually adjusting the trailing edge transfer current and distance in the paper catalog will get it to fill in but I have had some that just don't work. I had a place with mylar coated ones from Blanks USA that we could not get to work but mylar tabs from docucopy work with no adjustments needed.

[USER][/USER]
I've seen some of those issues crop up, but these tabs run perfect on the 1357ex here. They were running fine on the 1107 before it left as well.

[USER][/USER]

Update*

After Escalating the issue, and bringing in some other more experienced techs, the issue has been resolved. Turns out there was an upgraded version of the developer unit. My tech ordered one up and switched them out, and presto.
My tech pointed out that the newer unit had grey plastic ends, while the original was black. Something to keep in mind if you are having a similar issue.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back