DI Ink

banjoman

What inks are you PTEK guys using? I'm still using the Toyo medium tack and was wondering if there is something a little cheaper. I'm getting ready to buy some standard colors to mix a few of our regular print colors like 185 red, 294 blue, 348 green and so on. I've been running this press for a little over a year now and I'm still blown away by how good this press prints and how fast and easy it is. I run a monthly 65,000 run newsletter on 70# offset at 6500 iph and it never misfeeds, this thing feeds so good and I never have to screw with it.

banjoman in NC

DI Inks

DI Inks

We use Tanaguchi for all our pantone inks we dont like the toyo pms colours, they dont match the swatch book. Ptek sells their ink also

Ian

What inks are you PTEK guys using? I'm still using the Toyo medium tack and was wondering if there is something a little cheaper. I'm getting ready to buy some standard colors to mix a few of our regular print colors like 185 red, 294 blue, 348 green and so on. I've been running this press for a little over a year now and I'm still blown away by how good this press prints and how fast and easy it is. I run a monthly 65,000 run newsletter on 70# offset at 6500 iph and it never misfeeds, this thing feeds so good and I never have to screw with it.

banjoman in NC

i have never heard of that ink. I am running a Nexpress S2500 now. Pretty awesome machine for variable print. Running a job that had 3 12x18's and has a database of 29,500. Pretty long run. I have been at it for 8 days now.

Greg

Hi all,

we are using Toyo MZ on our 52DI and they are excellent inks, but we need to match Euro/Iso 12647 proofs. We are finding this very difficult at present, the colours just do not match correctly.

Can anyone offer advice on suitable densities and maybe a dotgain curve for the press? We have the press set to BVD/Fogra dot gain but because the Toyo is not eurostandard, the colours are just not spot on.

Any suggestions are welcome, sorry to butt-in on the thread.

Dave

Last edited:
I presently run the Toyo medium tack ink but I did run the Tanaguchi ink as well for awhile. I do not recall the price of the Tanaguchi but I do recall it was a decent ink. One thing I found was the ink was a lower tack than the Toyo so you pretty much had to drop your ductors by 1 for your ink preset curves.

I switched back to Toyo because it was easier to get as the Tanaguchi was not sold locally. As well I found overall the Toyo ink colours reacted more similarily to one another with regards to setting up ink curves etc. The Tanaguchi inks required a little more work to get things nailed down better.

Pigments of Tanaguchi were very close to Toyo so colour matching was not a problem. Also tried Van Son waterless inks for one day and then threw it out...we offset every job we ran as the inks did not dry. The pigments were also completely differerent so I could not match proofs at all.

Tanaguchi also makes much better varnishes than Toyo. Toyo varnishes are very thick and you really have to pour it on to get a decent gloss. Tanaguchi has a better gloss.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back