Canon 6000vp or Xerox 700

abdouz

We Have 2 Xerox Docucolor 250 and we will buy new machine between Canon 6000 and 6000VP or Xerox 700 so i need your help for that

I am looking for real world experiences on the Canon boxes...some areas of interest :
- color consistency throughout the run...heavy volume days and light volume days
- color across the sheet (I think they call it inboard outboard color)... ie. do colors look consistent across the 13" X 19" of the sheet
- marking issues with duplex 300gsm
- overall print quality...I know it is not offset but overall is quality great for both images and tints on a consistent basis
- any other issues you can think of

What do you dislike the most about the machine?

Any other comments appreciated.

Thanks

Look at some of the other posts, but don't take them to seriously. You have no idea what type of environment they are installed in. I had a friend who has a 6000 and said it was a piece of crap, turns out he had it installed in a room with no AC and the room temp was something like 89 deg. when it was running. It turned out that when he installed an AC unit things settled down.

I think you are missing one questions, how's Canon service in your area?

I have the 6000vp.

The quality is very good when it is working. The service is a real issue.

Craig mentioned in a previous post that some comments about the 6000vp might be questionable due to the environment it is run in. My experience is that Canon does a sight prep visit before installing the machine. They measure all environmental factors in addition to measuring the "envelope" for machine placement. If the environment does not lend itself to success, then Canon should not place it (or at least warn the customer). If you have the cash (or financing) they aren't going to mention any problems until they are blaming you for the 6000's poor performance.

Our environment is controlled, so that is not our issue.

Our issue is service: lack of parts, lack of technician experience and downright poor service management. We have been down for multiple days, many times. Canon does not (in my experience) understand the rigors and requirements of production. The 6000 might be great for an in-house proposal center, but it has not been good for us as a printing company.

Your environment is the biggest issue. Get that right and the machine will work well with light or heavy use. The VP version will not slow down on heavy/glossy media so if production is key then get the VP. If you have some slack in your timescales then the C6000 will be cheaper.
The imagePRESS range suffered in the early days and still has a reputation based on those days. Buy one now and they are very good.

We have the Xerox 700 which we chose for financial reasons over the Canon.
Definitely see how support is in your area and the parts situation.
We are down more than we are up lately "waiting on parts" which I don't know is because of Xerox or the reseller we use.

Good Canon

Good Canon

My 6000 runs great, its in a air conditioned room with no dust.

Consistency is great, it will match from week to week, short and long runs.

Service is great here in L.A. I have never been down for more than a half of day.

I do to call service when the machine gets dirty. It stops working when it runs out of "wipers", or "ribbon" or what ever they call it.

We use it every day for our digital proofing system. It matches our Final Proof. (except really rich black)

Nice machine.

Karl Jennex

I'm looking at purchasing a 700 - looks to be an ideal machine to enter the digital printing realm. Currently I'm using places like Kwik Kopy, but would much prefer to do this printing myself, and offer it to my clients as an alternative.

How robust is the 700? I would expect it to be a workhorse, is that the case?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back