buying new digital production machine KMC7090/KMC12000/Canon V1000/RicohC9200

Hi Folks, 5 years with Konica C2070 with 4.5 mil. clicks, a good balanced machine, nice print quality, few issues regarding inconsistent color density through short edge of paper that means from left to right on 13" side, red color bit orangy, but overall it survived 350 gsm paper on regular use with vacuum feed trays PF-707.

So its time to change, seen C4080 and C7090. not impressed at all with new Konica Controller, very slow and not displaying job list, i don't know what these R&D guys did with this. on Print Quality C4080 prints looked downgraded as compare to my 4.5 mil. old C2070, C7090 prints matched closer. I wanted to be with Konica but so many reason with these machine to look for Canon or Ricoh, C6085 is not available and C7090 looks same as C4080 with higher speed, followed many reviews here from many users here specially @jwheeler and almost on a verge to depart from konica minolta.

i have seen C9200 from ricoh. good machine but costly yet to see V1000 from canon. not much of its info is available here.

Please suggest ideal machine for print volume 100k - 200k per month. heavy paper 350 gsm to 400 gsm and good vibrant glossy prints
also we need to print on various medias like vinyl, transparent vinyl, textures, laser transfer, photo gloss sheet etc.
major of our work comes from garment sector to print garment poster / catalog which needs vibrant glossy prints.

I'm curious about the V1000 too. Please take the plunge and let us know how it goes.
I am getting print samples from canon this week and then nest week i will be visiting demo center to see the machine in action, i am giving same sheets and print files to konica canon and ricoh for all the above mentioned machines and also getting prints on my existing c2070, lets see what the prints say to each other, i have demoed c9200 and will demo run all others in coming 2 weeks, i am having great hopes on canon as its the brand new engine with goodies like fuser section from v1350 and imaging from v900 vscel and newly developed registration system, its kind of hybrid version of v1350 and v900, like v1350 the workhorse and v900 the cutie made love and new baby is born v1000 :) lets see the potential..big hopes here

As far as i have researched its a new build, canon has used fusor, cooling and color correction module from v1350 and adjusted the paper path for full rated speeds for media upto 400 gsm, looks far more promising than v900, but it can fail at feeder options as canon is providing same feeders as used in v900, no vacuum feeder is given to this otherwise so promising product, and why its not clear, konica, ricoh, xerox all giving vacuum feeder even to entry level machine like c5300, c4070, v280, and canon is even not giving its mid level production a vacuum feed, i am not able to understand still..:)

Hi Folks, 5 years with Konica C2070 with 4.5 mil. clicks, a good balanced machine, nice print quality, few issues regarding inconsistent color density through short edge of paper that means from left to right on 13" side, red color bit orangy, but overall it survived 350 gsm paper on regular use with vacuum feed trays PF-707.

So its time to change, seen C4080 and C7090. not impressed at all with new Konica Controller, very slow and not displaying job list, i don't know what these R&D guys did with this. on Print Quality C4080 prints looked downgraded as compare to my 4.5 mil. old C2070, C7090 prints matched closer. I wanted to be with Konica but so many reason with these machine to look for Canon or Ricoh, C6085 is not available and C7090 looks same as C4080 with higher speed, followed many reviews here from many users here specially @jwheeler and almost on a verge to depart from konica minolta.

i have seen C9200 from ricoh. good machine but costly yet to see V1000 from canon. not much of its info is available here.

Please suggest ideal machine for print volume 100k - 200k per month. heavy paper 350 gsm to 400 gsm and good vibrant glossy prints
also we need to print on various medias like vinyl, transparent vinyl, textures, laser transfer, photo gloss sheet etc.
major of our work comes from garment sector to print garment poster / catalog which needs vibrant glossy prints.
We have a c9200. Solid machine. Back to back registration is near perfect, even on the banner size sheets. Up to 24pt. board thickness of sheets, duplex. Color consistency for months on end, even without calibration. The vacuum feed trays pretty much eliminate all jams unless you have the paper set incorrectly. Only downside is if you're doing smaller size envelopes you have to open the flaps. It's easy to swap out replaceable parts on your own without a tech and their service is top notch. I've been with Ricoh for over 10 years now and have never had any major issues.

We have a c9200. Solid machine. Back to back registration is near perfect, even on the banner size sheets. Up to 24pt. board thickness of sheets, duplex. Color consistency for months on end, even without calibration. The vacuum feed trays pretty much eliminate all jams unless you have the paper set incorrectly. Only downside is if you're doing smaller size envelopes you have to open the flaps. It's easy to swap out replaceable parts on your own without a tech and their service is top notch. I've been with Ricoh for over 10 years now and have never had any major issues.
yes its surely is the power packed workhorse, gem of a production machine, no competition whatsoever when handling heavy cardstock and other media types, vacuum trays are best in industry, its best heavy duty machine available now, for service part it could be hit or miss as we have to rely on dealer only as ricoh itself is not operating here, and its a very big machine, footprint is big and also little less gloss is there than our likes which we get from c2070, but still i am considering it very much, and as ricoh has inveiled c9500 just yesterday on its website, i am looking forward to buy c9200 with good discount pricing and good click rates, finger crossed :)

yes its surely is the power packed workhorse, gem of a production machine, no competition whatsoever when handling heavy cardstock and other media types, vacuum trays are best in industry, its best heavy duty machine available now, for service part it could be hit or miss as we have to rely on dealer only as ricoh itself is not operating here, and its a very big machine, footprint is big and also little less gloss is there than our likes which we get from c2070, but still i am considering it very much, and as ricoh has inveiled c9500 just yesterday on its website, i am looking forward to buy c9200 with good discount pricing and good click rates, finger crossed :)
I wasn't too impressed with the initial improvements on the c9500 from the c9200. The 9200 vs 9100 is vastly different. Lots of upgrades. What I've read about the c9500 is only a small upgrade in a few different places. Hopefully you'll be able to find some c9200's on sale for cheap, however.

If space is tight I would look at getting 2 7200's and set them up facing each other, that is what we did.

If space is tight I would look at getting 2 7200's and set them up facing each other, that is what we did.
thats a good option but budget will be more than one c9200 and higher click charges also, but yes its good if one machine is down, one will not loose business, so it has its own pros and cons, but i might not be going that way

Don't underestimate how much they will discount 2 machines. If Ricoh wants your business you will be surprised what deals they will make to get you away from a competitor.

Don't underestimate how much they will discount 2 machines. If Ricoh wants your business you will be surprised what deals they will make to get you away from a competitor.
i will check with them, and also i am looking at a new entrant fujifilm revoria press ec1100, looks like a robust build at relatively lower prices as per now, lower that even c7200 from ricoh, please share any info for that if you have.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back