Software to Customize uploaded pictures on website for print

jbenatar

Hi
New to the site and am looking for software that can be added to a magenta based website that analysis the up loaded pictures from customers and makes sure that the size is good enough for the print size. We are going to be doing some large printing onto furniture and the print sizes could get up to 36" x 76". A website that seems to have what we are looking for is Photos to Art | Great Big Canvas . Would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks
Joel
Casa-candy.com

I am thinking you meant Magento - not magenta ( is my guess )

Magento Connect - The Magento Extension Marketplace

okay, so - when you say "up loaded pictures from customers" that is some real mystery meat kidda statement - are these users pulling their iPhone images of their doggie and printing that on a oversized pillow ?

In simplest terms, that is a simple fit method.

Note - Magento is a development platform - you would need to work with a magento developer to *build* you *custom storefront*.

I would think ( perhaps even strongly suggest ) you look at something more plug and play ( like Aleyant )

Home

Or are these users artist who are trying to create usable / print ready graphics that are 'raster' photoshop-ish ( as opposed to vector / illustrator-ish

and - you are thinking you need some heavy duty "image processing" ( better than Photoshop ) where the enlargement tool is using something like Genuine Fractals to enlarge - you might not only get a reasonable result - but perhaps, maybe, a result you like better than Photoshop.

Digital Imaging Software Review: Genuine Fractals

and

Digital Imaging Software Review: Genuine Fractals

for any *nerds* not familiar and hopping in this thread - this tool makes use of mathematical transformations such as self-similarity and scale_invariance

Self-similarity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scale invariance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope that helps !

( Joel, I would for PressWise, and we have a storefront module that is *part* of our Print MIS system, but that may be a bit more than you are after )

Web-to-Print Storefronts - Unlimited | PressWise

Thank you for your input. You are correct it is a Magento site. Photos would come from the likes of phones as well as digital cameras. We are looking for a piece of the puzzle that would eliminate the low quality pictures and limit the size the customer could print onto depending on the size of the picture. i have a product in mind like Design n Buy that does the job but want to make sure i have covered all basis.
Joel

We are looking for a piece of the puzzle that would eliminate the low quality pictures and limit the size the customer could print onto depending on the size of the picture.
Joel

That is kinda messy then - I might just WANT my 72 ppi screen capture images using Adobe Photoshop like "nearest neighbor" enlargement so it looks JUST LIKE the screen capture - bicubic would just resample make it blurry.

you also have the aspect ratio issue - most phones ( or Google+ ) offer instant / automatic pano - so, you might get someone trying to upload a 30 :2 aspect ration into a 4:2 box - you need a GUI that then offers the some thing we offer in Theater view of TV view ( where we chomp off the left and right, or add some black or white to the top and bottom - if it were some weirdo who does not care about amorphic distortion - well, you have the 'fit entire' method.

unless you have specific templates that state clearly "your art needs to be exactly 6.5 tall by 10 wide" - you have some issues unless you plan on offering lost of tutorials about what to do when you image don't fit - with a link to Photoshop Express ( or some image wrangling tool )

Like I suggested, unless you are a coder, you might be better off contacting someone like Greg at Aleyant

Contact Aleyant

I have worked with a few Magento developers and can recommend one to you if you want to build vs buy, but just because you can build a box that lets folks upload images into - when it comes to raster images - there are several tools you might need that are probably require you to build yourself. might look at Chili Publish and see if they OEM / licence part of that.

Max Dunn - another developer - Not sure if Max would be interested

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+MaxDunn/posts/X3RU1R3NpoJ?cfem=1

I would second Michael’s suggestion to look into Aleyant Systems, if you wish to plug-in to an existing website, then their eDocBuilder (Forms or Interactive Designer) engine is one option, or you could simply look at their “off the shelf” Pressero W2P system.

Stephen Marsh

hi Joel, my name is Niro and I'm the sales channel manager for B2C Print USA. if you would like to see a demo of the B2CWide system, as my colleague Amir suggest above (www.B2CWide.com) please reach out to me and I'll be happy to set it up for you. I'm in CO (MST)

Thank You,
Niro
1-212-921-2779
[email protected]

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back