Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermotype Zip-TS2L

I'm in the process of buying a Duplo 646, but the lease negotiation is dragging out and I've started to look elseware. The Thermotype Zip-TS2L is attractive from a specification standpoint and the bindery punch option is exciting. How good is the build quality of the Thermotype Zip-TS2L and/or similar Thermotype equipment? Has anyone had experience good or bad with Termotype support? The company seems fairly obscure compared with Duplo and Horizon.

i have used thermotype equipment, business card slitters and thermographers, for over 20 years. i toured the plant back in the 90s. support has always been awesome they will talk you through trouble shooting on the phone if something is amiss. Everything I have ever bought was well built.

Comment

What kind of price are you looking at for the 646 and is that include the 2 perf modules?

Comment

$45k to $60k depending on discounts. A digital press vendor offered to bundle a 646 for free with a very expensive press lease.

Comment

On the topic of the original thread, I'm leaning towards Horizon because they have JDF supported. Thermotype's rep hadn't heard of JDF when I asked at PRINT18, and Duplo said that JDF support is coming in a future release.

Comment

What press are you have?

Comment

FujiXerox V3100

Comment

We run 2 Ricoh Pro901's a Xeikon 9800 with an inline GM XP500 and a Heidelberg 10 color perfector (offset). Close to upgrading the 901's

Comment

4OverCanonKBAAvantiXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)Duplo

Free Download

Collapse

Avanti
                Before You Buy A Print MIS Read This - FREE Download Link To Download

Standard FinishingDuplo

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5189 users online. 88 members and 5101 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,611 at 11:23 AM on 02-27-2019.

Working...
                X