Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermotype Zip-TS2L

I'm in the process of buying a Duplo 646, but the lease negotiation is dragging out and I've started to look elseware. The Thermotype Zip-TS2L is attractive from a specification standpoint and the bindery punch option is exciting. How good is the build quality of the Thermotype Zip-TS2L and/or similar Thermotype equipment? Has anyone had experience good or bad with Termotype support? The company seems fairly obscure compared with Duplo and Horizon.

i have used thermotype equipment, business card slitters and thermographers, for over 20 years. i toured the plant back in the 90s. support has always been awesome they will talk you through trouble shooting on the phone if something is amiss. Everything I have ever bought was well built.

Comment

What kind of price are you looking at for the 646 and is that include the 2 perf modules?

Comment

$45k to $60k depending on discounts. A digital press vendor offered to bundle a 646 for free with a very expensive press lease.

Comment

On the topic of the original thread, I'm leaning towards Horizon because they have JDF supported. Thermotype's rep hadn't heard of JDF when I asked at PRINT18, and Duplo said that JDF support is coming in a future release.

Comment

What press are you have?

Comment

FujiXerox V3100

Comment

We run 2 Ricoh Pro901's a Xeikon 9800 with an inline GM XP500 and a Heidelberg 10 color perfector (offset). Close to upgrading the 901's

Comment

Unconfigured Static HTML Module

Collapse

Static HTML Module Content
                4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimateTharstern
                Standard FinishingDuplo

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4521 users online. 106 members and 4415 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
                X