Collapse
Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Software for Flexo with Screens

Hello! I'm looking for suggestions for RIP software to drive a 44" plotter. Currently have a Canon, but am also looking at potentially switching brands for color accuracy. I need to be able to produce color accurate proofs (spot colors and CMYK), with different screens to correspond to multiple anilox rolls. Would also like to be able to simulate swapping press colors from cyan to say pms 292C.

Met with the folks from GMG, very impressed but I was asked to find additional RIP options. I've looked at Onyx and Caldera, but I don't see any options for producing different screen values.

We partner with GMG and feel that they provide a excellent product. However, their main competitor is CGS. Here is a link to their site.

https://www.cgs-oris.com/en/

Comment

Thank you, I'll take a look and see what their RIP offers.

Comment

Originally posted by BlacknTan View Post
        Thank you, I'll take a look and see what their RIP offers.
        CGS ORIS Color Tuner // Web offers standard “contone” screening as you would expect and additionally offers two screen proofing options:

* ScreenDot: Pre screened 1 bit TIFF/LEN file data
        * ScreenDot Plus: Create dot proofs from contone data

Notice in the screenshot below that ScreenDot Plus supports 7.5° flexo screen angle rotation.

P.S. You will need to confirm if your printer model is supported for dot proofing.

Regards,

Stephen Marsh

CGS ORIS CTW Dot Proofing Settings.png
        Last edited by Stephen Marsh; 01-29-2019, 09:21 PM.
        Comments are personal and my views may not be shared by my employer or partners.

Comment

Thank you Stephen, this helps. I've been reviewing their website, and sadly there is very little in the way of details. Lots of broad statements, but getting detailed breakdowns is sorely remiss. In their defense, GMG tends to do the same thing. I met one of their reps in South Carolina last year, and he was very enthusiastic about their product. I don't believe they can do fluting simulations as of yet, and I believe they are working on algorithms to simulate swapping Pantone colors in the cmyk breakdown.

Comment

Originally posted by BlacknTan View Post
            Hello! I'm looking for suggestions for RIP software to drive a 44" plotter. Currently have a Canon, but am also looking at potentially switching brands for color accuracy. I need to be able to produce color accurate proofs (spot colors and CMYK), with different screens to correspond to multiple anilox rolls. Would also like to be able to simulate swapping press colors from cyan to say pms 292C.

Met with the folks from GMG, very impressed but I was asked to find additional RIP options. I've looked at Onyx and Caldera, but I don't see any options for producing different screen values.
            You can explore Kodak Proofing Software (KPS for Packaging) with Colorflow Stand-Alone.

Comment

4OverCanonKBAAvantiXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploAMSEnfocus

Free Download

Collapse

Trade Show Survey=
            Instant October Trade Show Survey
            Come On! Only 5 Questions

PRINT 19 and PRINTING United are squaring off in October.
            Will you be at one of them?
            Both? Neither?
            Please take our 1-Minute survey to tell us about your plans for the two big fall shows!

Take The Survey.

CanonXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploAvantiGraph Expo4OverKBAAMSAvantiEnfocusGraph Expo

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4349 users online. 82 members and 4267 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,855 at 12:33 PM on 06-06-2019.

Working...
            X