pitstop pro white object knockout

Dujo

Hi,
can anyone have a practical idea, how can we sort out white objects in overprint. We can do it easily if it is text, but for objects I could find only an action. The real solution for me would be if all the overprint objects are marked and I can choose if I want to change them to knockout or not.

You can do this with an action list. You just have to know what "white" you are selecting. It certainly is possible...

Since Adobe Acrobat 8 Pro you can do this in the preflight panel - there is a predefined action for this.

Hi,
can anyone have a practical idea, how can we sort out white objects in overprint. We can do it easily if it is text, but for objects I could find only an action. The real solution for me would be if all the overprint objects are marked and I can choose if I want to change them to knockout or not.

Additional to Matt's suggestion.

In the action list editor: once made your selection to define the 'white' object use the action called "Log selection" to present a custom string (e.g. white object in knock-out) in the result report.
Even better than the result report, use the Enfocus Navigator to show the results (in the PitStop preferences panel) and then you can literally walk through all occurrences.

cheers,
bert

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back