Artpro 8.6 (all revisions) and Hide Extensions

Bobmorli

Hi all,

Is anyone else having troubles with Artpro 8.6 and the Hide Extension function in the Save As dialogue?

We have a filename convention: 123456-5 B_V1.1.ap
When I save a file in Artpro 8.6 the extension is set to .1 giving me a file 123456-5 B_V1.1.ap.1
This is only the case under OSX tiger. Running Leopard it works fine (=strange).

Due to our workflow and combination with the ERP software, we can't just change our filename convention. The argument that multiple dots in the filename isn't good is familiar but shouldn't be a problem. Everything works fine in Artpro 8.4 and befor. We skipped 8.5 though (but it doesn't work in 8.5)

Since I'm not getting any feedback from EskoArtwork on this (I've been asking to solve this since 8.6rev1), I'd like to know if anyone else has this issue. If someone has an 8.6 (on tiger) running, could you try it to see if it's just me or not? Thanks!

Bob

Re: Artpro 8.6 (all revisions) and Hide Extensions

Yes, I get the same thing happen if I have a dot in the filename using 8.6 rev7 on Tiger. Doesn't cause us any problems here as we have always steered well away from having any '.' or other marks in filenames because of errors like this.

Not much help but at least you know its a common bug.

Kristian

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back