Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artpro 8.6 (all revisions) and Hide Extensions

Hi all,

Is anyone else having troubles with Artpro 8.6 and the Hide Extension function in the Save As dialogue?

We have a filename convention: 123456-5 B_V1.1.ap
    When I save a file in Artpro 8.6 the extension is set to .1 giving me a file 123456-5 B_V1.1.ap.1
    This is only the case under OSX tiger. Running Leopard it works fine (=strange).

Due to our workflow and combination with the ERP software, we can't just change our filename convention. The argument that multiple dots in the filename isn't good is familiar but shouldn't be a problem. Everything works fine in Artpro 8.4 and befor. We skipped 8.5 though (but it doesn't work in 8.5)

Since I'm not getting any feedback from EskoArtwork on this (I've been asking to solve this since 8.6rev1), I'd like to know if anyone else has this issue. If someone has an 8.6 (on tiger) running, could you try it to see if it's just me or not? Thanks!

Bob

Re: Artpro 8.6 (all revisions) and Hide Extensions

Yes, I get the same thing happen if I have a dot in the filename using 8.6 rev7 on Tiger. Doesn't cause us any problems here as we have always steered well away from having any '.' or other marks in filenames because of errors like this.

Not much help but at least you know its a common bug.

Kristian

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)Standard FinishingKBA4Over
    UltimateDuploStandard FinishingKBAKBA GTIChili publish4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3127 users online. 61 members and 3066 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,151 at 11:36 AM on 11-17-2017.

Working...
    X