Custom Ink Book

Zmeushgo

Registered Users
I need to create custom ink book for automatic remapping of inks during normalization of incoming pdfs. The main goal of all this is to automate the right normalization of inks like UV varnish, die cut lines and opaque white - technical, varnish and opaque inks.
But I don't see any possibilty to assign the type o ink for my custom colors (normal, opaque, varnish, technical). I found only one way for now - the using names of inks from CAD Style Mapping such Artios Cut and so on give me a result of type technical during normalization, but I still need the solution for varnish and opaque inks. Any input would be appreciated.

I too tried to find a way to do this for the same purposes. It turns out there is no mechanism for this in the Esko workflow. I'm baffled why they don't have this. Seems like a very basic and fundamental piece to me.

Reference Guide

Would this do what you want?
Click on the link above, then “The Tasks an Overview”/ Optimize PDF Separations/ Ink Properties.

Last edited:
What you describe works on a one-off per job or per ticket arrangement through AE. That is exactly what I am doing currently but it takes a lot of config and reconfig.

What we users are looking for is a library level setting for anything called "Varnish" to be mapped to "varnish" by default. The idea is to set it once and forget about it. Ideally this would even work in DeskPack where inks would automatically map the inks to the type (Varnish, technical, etc.) based on the data in the ink book.

It baffles me that when I import an ARD file into DeskPack that it doesn't automatically know all of the inks are technical. Further, when I add a varnish from Window>Esko>Structural Design>Create Varnish the varnish is not automatically set to type "Varnish". In other workflows that I've used this type of thing is controlled on an ink book (or library) level.

Does that make sense?

Ideally this would even work in DeskPack where inks would automatically map the inks to the type (Varnish, technical, etc.) based on the data in the ink book.

So it kind of sounds like you are using DeskPack, is this true? If you happen to be using ArtPro you can set up an ArtPro Action List in a workflow ticket through Automation Engine where it will modify the separation based on the separation name to a varnish, technical, and so on. If you are using ArtPro and Automation Engine I can give you more details.

Steve

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back