Imaging Engine Composite screened file?

StillWaiting

Hi again,
So have no problem getting separated screened 1-bit Tiff files. I need to have those same files become a "Composite" 1-bit Tiff in bitmap mode so that I can send it to a Trendsetter to make a Film Positive for an overlay at press.
My output workflow is simple. Normalized PDF going into Step & Repeat Tubular > Image to Screened Separations > OK
Like to do a 2nd chain off of the Step & Repeat Tubular to get my composite Film Positive.

When a keep doing a composite file it is huge in size and comes out in CMYK mode?

What I don't get is that Nexus had the two simple task for this. One task for screened separations and one task for screened composite. How could they not make this part of Imaging Engine?

SOLVED: Did a “Export to PDF File” after the Step & Repeat Tubular, setting the Color Management options to Convert to Gray. The resulting PDF sent to Image to Screened Separations.

Last edited:
Just a guess in the dark--maybe try the Data Splitter (using the Output Files: Grouped option) or perhaps the Data Collector? You'd have to insert it right after the Image to Screened Separations (perhaps in the 2nd chain), I imagine.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back