Spot Colorbars in Preps 5.2

kburton

Hello,

I am very new to Preps and we are currently using Preps 5.2 and I need help setting up color bars for spot color jobs. I have tried making an .eps file and put in into the Dupmarks folder but all I get is a bar that is grayed out.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Pretty sure you need to save it down to the lowest Illustrator .eps version. It's been awhile but I think ver. 6 will do. You may want to let people know which workflow you're using and where the Marks folder resides if this doesn't help.

You'll also want to create a PDF version of the mark for use with PDF>PDF jobs.

Many times, marks will appear greyed out while you are building the template but will show up correctly in the final output, so before you take much time troubleshooting, see if this is the case in your situation.

Using Preps 5.3.3. We use illustrator eps's for our marks and color bars.
I can see the previews with the marks and color bars on a Macintosh computer. But it previews gray on a PC format.
Either way the marks are fine. At least for us.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back