Problem loading some newer PC CD/dvds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem loading some newer PC CD/dvds

Like the title says we occasionally run into problems loading disks and will try every machine we have. One customers disks can only be seen/read by our Indigo press. I would guess this is a driver issue but haven't seen any updated drivers**or patches covering this issue. I was wondering if anyone had similar problems and knows of a solution?

Thanks

CMW

Re: Problem loading some newer PC CD/dvds

Some of the software that write CD's from Windows do not close the session automatically, in some software called "finalize." The user can then add more content to the disc, but then that disc doesn't conform to the CD specs, and many computers other than the one that wrote it can't read it. So the client says " But I can read the disc! " Ask them to try it in a different computer than the one they use Some Windows software defaults to a CD writing mode that can only be read be that specific brand of software.

Have the people sending you data on CD make sure they are using the mode of the software they use to write using ISO specs. ISO 9660 with MS Joliet extensions gets you a disc that can be read by most computers.

Comment

Re: Problem loading some newer PC CD/dvds

thanks

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)Standard FinishingKBA4Over
      UltimateDuploStandard FinishingKBAKBA GTIChili publish4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3773 users online. 87 members and 3686 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,151 at 11:36 AM on 11-17-2017.

Working...
      X