Using FileMaker Pro 9 for Archiving Question....

We are using a Database created through FileMaker Pro 5.5 to catagorize and keep track of a DVD Archival System for old job files. It works fine but I wanted to update it to the New FileMaker Pro 9 to get it on a Machine thats running OS X. When updating to the newer version we can look up and find anything previously entered but it will not allow us to make any new Data entries. Anyone have any tips or suggestions??
Thanx

Re: Using FileMaker Pro 9 for Archiving Question....

Bass
I am currently convertiung our MIS from 5 to 8.5 .
What I would do is is copy the FM6 DB with about 10 files in and convert it to FM9 - The main problem with conversion I have found is passwords - They are case sensative and linked to a user name. . The other problem which I hope to solve Thursday is that I cannot delete FM5 server to install FM (8.5) server we appear to be missing a file.
Peter

I thought it might be a Username/Password issue. As far as I can tell we use a Password when entering new Data through FileMaker Pro 5.5 but it never asks for a Username. But when updating to FileMaker 9 it wants a Username and Password.??..

Yes - initially the password is the user name as well if that helps

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back