Standard Finishing
4Over

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excessive dot gain (or other) - please give me the advice!

Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Enlightenment !!


    To enhance an already "Chemically Enriched F.S." ..... the minimum of 10% of IPA by volume needs to

    be added to derive any significant advantage.


    Arrogantly yours, Alois
    Last edited by Alois Senefelder; 01-12-2018, 03:28 PM. Reason: ******************

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Alois Senefelder View Post
      Enlightenment !!

      To enhance an already "Chemically Enriched F.S." ..... the minimum of 10% by volume needs to

      be added to derive any significant advantage.

      Arrogantly yours, Alois
      Any "chemically enriched F.S." or you're referring to any particular fs?
      And BTW, suppose i'm adding 9.5% will that count?

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by cementary View Post

        Any "chemically enriched F.S." or you're referring to any particular fs?
        And BTW, suppose i'm adding 9.5% will that count?
        If I learned anything through this thread it is this.

        At 9.5% isopropyl alcohol has converted into a VOC however it will not give you a significant advantage until you put a few more drops in.

        Comment


        • #64
          cemntary,

          I detect a note of hilarity in your comment! --- all variable inputs in litho printing there are optimum requirements

          that impact on the ideal outputs, 10% - 15% addition of IPA into F.S. is one.

          Fountain Solution Concentrates - knowing how the Chemistry of F.S. work, then making a choice.


          Arrogantly yours, Alois

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Alois Senefelder View Post
            cemntary,

            I detect a note of hilarity in your comment! --- all variable inputs in litho printing there are optimum requirements

            that impact on the ideal outputs, 10% - 15% addition of IPA into F.S. is one.

            Fountain Solution Concentrates - knowing how the Chemistry of F.S. work, then making a choice.


            Arrogantly yours, Alois
            Alois, i've detected once again that you didn't answer the question. Instead you stating obvious statements and answering to I dunno who.

            Comment


            • #66
              cementary,


              Well, how about YOU giving the answers to the questions raised by this topic ?????? and show me the errors in stating the obvious, when they don't know the obvious !

              Arrogantly yours Alois

              Comment


              • #67
                When someone declares that 'alcohol free' is the absolute answer, and then later says that a 'specific percentage' is needed, it seems to indicate that someone doesn't really know what is 'obvious'.

                You guys should get out of this thread already, the OP solved his problem, pages ago.

                Comment


                • #68
                  alibryan,


                  JUST so you understand ! !!!! I was a convert to running "Alcohol Free" F.S. in the 1980's I'm addressing this topic for those that still "USE Alcohol Based" F.S.


                  ARROGANTLY yours Alois - is THIS obvious to you now ?

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Alibryan,


                    Footnote - DeltaE - NEVER fully solved the problem - perhaps you might solve it for him Yes or No --- are you up to the challenge ???


                    Arrogantly yours, Alois

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Alois Senefelder View Post
                      Alibryan,


                      Footnote - DeltaE - NEVER fully solved the problem - perhaps you might solve it for him Yes or No --- are you up to the challenge ???


                      Arrogantly yours, Alois
                      Alois, I know your post wasn't adressed to me.
                      But.
                      We're all in the same boat, right?
                      As far as I remember, gordo and Erik Nikkanen suggested that the problem is "dot bridging". Personally i've heard about this print defect only regards to flexographic printing. But they made their point absolutely clear. Now you're came along claiming that none of this forum members didn't know basics of Lithography.
                      But you did not bother yourself to clarify you point. Instead you're keep stating obvious statements, wich as far as I understand did not help DeltaE either.
                      To me your posts looks like: "I know your printing problems but I am not willing to explain to you anything". For sure I might be wrong, english is not my native language, but again - this is not the first thread where I've noticed that.
                      So please, if you have something to say on the TS problem - could you expand your explanation over one obvious sentence?
                      And Alois, please do not refer to your previous posts without hyperlinks. As far as I concerned the same gordo didn't see any problems in repeating his thoughts over and over again - that's look like a help and involvement to me.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by cementary View Post

                        As far as I remember, gordo and Erik Nikkanen suggested that the problem is "dot bridging". Personally i've heard about this print defect only regards to flexographic printing. But they made their point absolutely clear.
                        Just for the record, I’ve not experienced dot bridging in offset - just flexo, which it why it didn’t occur to me as a possible cause. But it’s there in the photos, and I bought into Erik’s explanation. It would explain the dot gain variation, however, I don’t understand it and am curious as to why no one else noted it.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          check your ink viscosity

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            cementary,


                            I despair !!!!!!!! I gave an answer - read page 2 note 26 on this topic, HAS nobody ever heard of "Ink Dot Scumming" ?


                            Regards, Alois
                            Last edited by Alois Senefelder; 01-14-2018, 06:23 AM. Reason: *********

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Gentlemen,


                              The term "dot bridging"is a misnomer, BUT "Ink Dot Scumming" is a recognized term used in lithography,

                              INK DOT SCUMMING: The non-image areas of the plate lose their "Desensitization" and begin to take ink.


                              Regards, Alois

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Alois Senefelder View Post
                                Gentlemen,


                                The term "dot bridging"is a misnomer, BUT "Ink Dot Scumming" is a recognized term used in lithography,

                                INK DOT SCUMMING: The non-image areas of the plate lose their "Desensitization" and begin to take ink.


                                Regards, Alois
                                I really don’t see scumming in the photos.

                                Comment

                                4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
                                KBAKBA

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5375 users online. 92 members and 5283 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

                                Working...
                                X