Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bmiller4jah View Post
    - snip -
    There you go. I had in fact downloaded this already, but my point was that it was an issue to read so many articles and see so many things online that were 3rd, 4th or 5th+ hand information. Citing the ruling is imperative to keeping the points made by any side relevant.

But that still leaves the question to where the money is going to come from. The cable/ISP companies want to keep the same profit margins, so they need to acquire the $$$ from one source or another. If Net Neutrality is upheld, then you can only expect cable prices to rise.

Comment

Originally posted by PricelineNegotiator View Post

There you go. I had in fact downloaded this already, but my point was that it was an issue to read so many articles and see so many things online that were 3rd, 4th or 5th+ hand information. Citing the ruling is imperative to keeping the points made by any side relevant.

But that still leaves the question to where the money is going to come from. The cable/ISP companies want to keep the same profit margins, so they need to acquire the $$$ from one source or another. If Net Neutrality is upheld, then you can only expect cable prices to rise.
      Broadband access (mobile, or cable) will always continue to have increasing rates as long as it is controlled by just a few large ISPs with little to no alternative.

I would think the "goal" would be to invoke an environment where smaller ISPs could compete, and thusly create a more competitive marketplace which tends to lower rates. The problem with that is the building of the infrastructure needed to provide homes with broadband and the significant initial cost of doing so.

Repealing current net neutrality regulations would (seemingly) only allow the large ISPs to have even more power/control allowing them to grow larger and so forth.

Alternatively, individuals could potentially purchase broadband access from a Tier II provider at a huge cost and then attempt to provide service to a base of customers - basically creating small "mom & pop ISPs"... https://www.quora.com/Is-it-possible...without-an-ISP

[So, you want to get on the information superhighway without going to the on-ramp? Get electricity without the last mile wiring into your house? Water without a mains pipe?

Well, the Internet Service Provider provides the service of connecting you to the Internet. That said, it’s possible to bypass the ISP and connect directly to a Tier-2 ISP like Hurricane Electric, Telia Carrier or Level3. Here’s a list: Tier 2 network

Be prepared that this connection will be far more expensive since they only sell in bulk, but you could always re-sell some bandwidth to recoup the cost.

What will you name your ISP?]

Comment

Originally posted by gordo View Post
        I don't believe that net neutrality has anything to do with internet packages for consumers. Nor will it create demand for more printed items. Net neutrality is all about internet service providers treating all data on the internet the same, and not discriminate or charge differently by user, content, website, platform, application, or method of communication. I.e. internet service providers shouldn't intentionally block, slow down (throttle) or charge money for specific websites and online content.
        I completely agree with you. To be honest, I am not concerned about it at all. It has nothing to do with my business.

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)4OverStandard FinishingKBA
        UltimateDuplo4OverStandard FinishingKBAKBA 4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4778 users online. 115 members and 4663 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,151 at 11:36 AM on 11-17-2017.

Working...
        X