Two Sided Proofers

Re: Two Sided Proofers

I was not the biggest fan of the doubleproofs, they are always a bit finicky where as versojets (which are similar but also very different) I found better design. I speak not as a user but as an engineer in a past life.

Biggest issue is keeping alignment, if the HP cover bows to much you can loose alignment, if you close the unit too hard you can loose alignment, if you open to hard you can loose alignment

You say you can get a good deal on these, I guess this is second user. Is it a trained dealer who is offering to sell it install it? Just make sure you get a fresh set of foils supplied for installation in your HP. Also if possible make sure the stand bracket is the updated version which has the bolts which screw on to the HP crossbar to stop the system system dropping

If you have any questions feel free to PM me,

Re: Two Sided Proofers

Thanks for the advice, RH. We should be getting the unit in-house in the next week or so. I'll let you know how it works out.

-- Rick

Epson Preproofer

Epson Preproofer

DI (Switzerland) makes the Preproofer, which consists of two Epsons, one directly over the other. They are mounted to a rack and face in opposite directions, eliminating the need to "flip"the sheet.
We've been using it for almost a year and it is working quite well.
Important: Humidity level needs to stay around 45 degrees to avoid static electricity issues.
There is a "de-curling" metal rod on the top printer that can put a static charge on the sheet and cause backup issues. However, this only becomes an issue when the humidity is too low/high.
The system is supported by Flashlight Digital and they are currently shipping wooden dowels to replace the metal rod.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back