1bit tiffs from Prinergy to Heidelberg

Hi everyone!
This is my first post here and I must say that I'm impressed upon the amount of knowledge that shows in this forum.

My question to all of you is about sending a 1bit tiff from Prinergy, to a tiffshooter/catcher/eater, (there's a lot of names for it) that is the link between a Magnus CTP and an old Heidelberg system.
In Prinergy we use harmonycurves for press-calibration but in this case I don't want to apply any kind of curves to the files, just to send linear rasterized files to the printer.

Can they apply their own calibrationcurves to the already screened files?
Maybe this is to vague a question to ask before I know what kind of software they are using. But I have to start somewhere.

Thankful for any advice or help

Best regards
Frozenbeard

As far as I know, curve has to be applied before or during the screening process.
Once it's 1-bit tiff, there is not much you can do with it.

This is what I was 1bit :) afraid of and that means that they will have to send me their processcurves so I can apply them when rasterizing the files.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back