2nd Hit Trapping in InDesign Quesition

rrdgarry

Currently I create a "Stayaway" by forcing a trap within Pitstop when creating a 2nd hit trap between two 100% plates. I am looking to build this within InDesign so that I don't have to modify the PDF once it's in Prinergy.
I would like to name one color "2nd Hit Black" and the other would be just "Black." The appearance is important as to proof out this way.
Thanks for any advice.

You should be able to get Prinergy to create the spreadback for you.

Other than that you're right, it looks like InDesign has no way to deal with that. You'll have to pop over to Illustrator to create the spreadback.

Prinergy should definitely handle this, however you will have to adjust the trapping density in the 'Color Editor' to make sure the ink you'd like the choke back has the lesser density.

Good Luck!
Dave

Just build your color as a mixed swatch in InDy and use
InDy's built in trapping to create your PDF.

MSD
----
Currently I create a "Stayaway" by forcing a trap within Pitstop when creating a 2nd hit trap between two 100% plates. I am looking to build this within InDesign so that I don't have to modify the PDF once it's in Prinergy.
I would like to name one color "2nd Hit Black" and the other would be just "Black." The appearance is important as to proof out this way.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back