3-d wall decorations done with my equipment?

YourCastle

Something I can print and then manipulate somehow on the duplo? I've done an arc of rolled 12"x12" printed art (branding, logo, etc) and rolled them into cones, then arranged them like the statue of liberty. I've run paper through the duplo twice, once in each direction to crease and make 3d boxes with our logo on it. Did some kind of 1980s wall decoration that merchandisers did with album covers (not sure any of y'all are old enough to know what I'm talking about :))

anyone have any 3d ideas?

You can also do triangles fairly easily.
In-out popups that step up and down like a city-sky-scape, you would just vary the distance on your creases and then run it back thru but flipped upside down to get the downward creases.

pic_a.jpg
pic_b.jpg

We did these on our Colex Sharpcut flatbed cutter/cnc. Cuts and scores. Slid some holographic stock underneath for a cool effect. I paid for the template online.

Something I can print and then manipulate somehow on the duplo? I've done an arc of rolled 12"x12" printed art (branding, logo, etc) and rolled them into cones, then arranged them like the statue of liberty. I've run paper through the duplo twice, once in each direction to crease and make 3d boxes with our logo on it. Did some kind of 1980s wall decoration that merchandisers did with album covers (not sure any of y'all are old enough to know what I'm talking about :))

anyone have any 3d ideas?
I'm very late, but what did you come up with? Can you share it?

I'm very late, but what did you come up with? Can you share it?
thanks for asking. Nothing new. Not sure how to achieve the 3d paper art using the duplo since that art looks like it would need a 45* crease.

Photos showing what i did in OP re:"statue of liberty" idea. It's a throw back to mechandising when I worked in a record store in the 80s.

Are you old enough to know what a "record store" is? 😃

Attachments

• IMG_20230403_134204.jpg
    IMG_20230403_134204.jpg
    709.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20230403_134221.jpg
    IMG_20230403_134221.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 114
I do indeed know what a record store is! In my sample piece we used our Colex flatbed cutter to trim two sides of each rectangle, then the score.crease wheel to score the 3rd side of the triangle. From there, a lot of manual folding upward of triangles to get the final look.

I do indeed know what a record store is! In my sample piece we used our Colex flatbed cutter to trim two sides of each rectangle, then the score.crease wheel to score the 3rd side of the triangle. From there, a lot of manual folding upward of triangles to get the final look.
what you did was really cool!

but i don't have a colex, just a duplo

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back