3302 crestline system & 3304 chiller unit

sig

Hi, new to this site but it looks great.

Ive been running older 3302 with conventional dampening system (3m sleeves) and now running 3302 with crestline system, never run crestline system, can someone give me the startup procedure on the crestline system ? ( mixtures ) dos and donts

Also a 3304 with chilling system. never run with chilling unit. What mixtures and dos and donts

thanks in advance my friends..

Sig

You running poly or metal plates? Using a low VOC presswash is a good start. I like V120 or private labels of this. Because there is no bridge rollers on the 3302 you will need to put the shifter in position 3 when cleaning. Get a lot of ink off the main press first then put the press in position 3 to drop ink and water forms ( you should do this with a plate on the plate cylinder. If you dont you will not get enough roller pressure to clean the crestlines. You will have beads of solution build up on the outside edges of the roller. It is bad to use a lot of pressure cleaning these ends. Lightly press the ends of the rollers with a moist cotton pad while inching the press. Always back off the pressure to the meter roller at the end of the day. I would use an alcohol sub like AXS by anchor. Probably 1/2 oz per quart bottle. This is not to act like an alcohol but as an anti piling agent. Crestlines tend to build up a lot of emulsified ink and using a little alcohol sub helps to break this down. Never use type wash or deglazers. Varn take it off is a good roller cleaner as well as febo. When the mechanic installs it make sure you understand all the roller settings and how to do them yourself. If you are running only one unit I prefer to remove the rollers from the dead unit but if you are going to leave them in you must use a roller lube.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back