6 month noob

Hello, my name is Trevor and I just recently got a job working at a small print firm in Minneapolis, MN. I am a graphic designer. You can't throw a rock in this town w/o hitting an unemployed graphic designer, so if you're looking for one....look in Minneapolis.
I found work at a print shop running the production department. I am responsible for 6 printers. A Roland AJ1000 (solvent), a Roland VersaCamm SP 300V (solvent), a HP 6100 (aqueous), a Kodak NovaJet (aqueous) and two ColorSpan DisplayMakers UVR72 (UVR..obviously).
Due to the economy, since I have been here, we have laid off 13 people. The forecast is grim but we are all hanging on by whatever threads we can grab. Looking forward to when I am bouncing around between printers again, rocking out jobs with a sense of urgency.
I like what I am doing and I am learning everyday.

I am now color profiling, purchasing inventory as well as keeping track of it on a daily basis. What goes out, what comes in....what we need to order for particular jobs......and always trying to keep up with new materials and trends.

Anyway, that about sums it up.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back