6501 and Creo problems

I've got several issues, but the most pressing at the moment is that the Creo doesn't recognize that I have added toner. I've restarted the machine and rebooted the Creo. No success. Also, the Creo won't carry job parameters from my Mac to the machine. The job itself makes it to the print queue, but the settings get lost along the way. Anyone else had similar problems. Service techs have been absolutely no help so far. I think I need to call in an outside help source.

I have better success shutting the Creo Rip down, waiting 5mins and restarting it.
(instead of just restarting)

I've got several issues, but the most pressing at the moment is that the Creo doesn't recognize that I have added toner. I've restarted the machine and rebooted the Creo. No success. Also, the Creo won't carry job parameters from my Mac to the machine. The job itself makes it to the print queue, but the settings get lost along the way. Anyone else had similar problems. Service techs have been absolutely no help so far. I think I need to call in an outside help source.

Hi Missy Frederick,

Apparently I am from Asia and also facing the same problem. Worst case is that I had sent my files from Mac to Creo in all queues (Store/ Process/ Print), I got an error message from my workstation - Mac.

However the files do went through to Creo but the setting I had done over on the Mac is missing.

Anyone can advise? I am using Creo V2.
:(

if the file name has quotes "" or any symbols like # $ or another one may cause this problem.

Try to change it and let me know what happend, if not Creo Color Server have an utility that can record all your print process within a .dat file, then you can send it to Creo Support and they can check your problem.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back