a b dick 385 converted to uv coater

pq man

New to uv coating we just bought a ab dick 385 that was converted to a uv press. I have a couple of questions is a plate actually considered a blanket? What type of blanket runs best on that press? Can a blanket /plate be cut out with different designs and run well? I have ran some waste through the press with coating on it and it all seems to work fine,but if anyone has any info it would be much appreciated thanks.

correct me if i'm wrong, ABDick 385 is 25*35 cm right?
kind that spits sheets "no delivery chain"
i got one and got ABDick 8970 folio size
currently plannig to purchase a Kors and convert it for UV varnishing

There was a company in Texas that was converting AB Dicks to run UV coating. I understand that they are now out of business.

They used the feeder section of the press and stripped out most of the rollers to apply coating to the sheet. The sheet then dropped onto a conveyor which passed under UV lamp and then into a catcher bin.

I'm not sure what they used for blankets but I do know you could trim or cut them to do spot coating.

It worked ok and was cheap at the time. However it lacked safeties that are common on any new system you would find on the market today.

There was a company in Texas that was converting AB Dicks to run UV coating. I understand that they are now out of business.

They used the feeder section of the press and stripped out most of the rollers to apply coating to the sheet. The sheet then dropped onto a conveyor which passed under UV lamp and then into a catcher bin.

I'm not sure what they used for blankets but I do know you could trim or cut them to do spot coating.

It worked ok and was cheap at the time. However it lacked safeties that are common on any new system you would find on the market today.

That sounds like the one we purchased they are out of business now I had checked. It's a slow runner but so far seems to do a good job for what we are doing. All of the ink fountain assembly is gone and the uv runs through the water fountain The unit is completely refurbished I can post some pictures tomorrow I would like to know if anyone else is running one of these.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back