Aaaand another Kodak kuestion

Slammer

...This time concerning Colorflow. I have been kicking it around for a few days and would like to think that I have gotten the hang of it, at least from the logic behind it.
Thing is yesterday during a lull in production I got the rare chance to play with Prinergy and try to output a plate where I created a curve to reduce the 50% by 15%, (disclaimer, no practical value, simply for fun and to test how the system works)
Everything went as I expected until I dropped the file on the colorflow-ed template, then I got the error message: "failed to retrieve the colorflow settings from the colorflow daemon" Now I am scratching my head and wondering what I missed, any ideas you guys?

Not really answering your question but instead asking one of my own; when you say reduce the 50% by 15%, do you expect a final value of 35%, or 42.5%?
Actually down to 35% but the number was pulled out of my Ass simply to see how the system works.

...This time concerning Colorflow. I have been kicking it around for a few days and would like to think that I have gotten the hang of it, at least from the logic behind it.
Thing is yesterday during a lull in production I got the rare chance to play with Prinergy and try to output a plate where I created a curve to reduce the 50% by 15%, (disclaimer, no practical value, simply for fun and to test how the system works)
Everything went as I expected until I dropped the file on the colorflow-ed template, then I got the error message: "failed to retrieve the colorflow settings from the colorflow daemon" Now I am scratching my head and wondering what I missed, any ideas you guys?
Did you create a snapshot after creating curve? Do you enabled colorflow in job attributes? If so with right snapshot?

can you post a screenshot from colorconvert section of refine template?
By the way do you define input file condition in color setup?
I adjusted the K in the CMYK output setup as I am not doing the input at the moment. I think I have figured it out in the meantime, it seems that the snapshot was not handed over to the colorflow settings. Gonna have me some fun kicking this around today.

I understand but wondered because most think that dot gain is a straight value when actually, it's a percentage of a particular dot. So 15% dot loss of 50% is actually 42.5%.

This is debatable of course by many in the pre press world.

No, that is not correct - and never has been and is not debatable. 15% dot gain means that 50% (if that's the tone value that you're discussing) is now 65%. 15% dot loss means that 50% is now 35%.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back