AB Dick 9800 plate cylinder timing

This afternoon I was running my first job on my 9800 after a move. Press is level and whatnot, I've been through this before. The impression latch has been finicky for months and I have to hold the lever all the way on impression for 3-5 rotations to get a bite.

So I made an adjustment to the latch and the corresponding arm on the impression cylinder. The plate cylinder tripped out of gear and now only meshes with the blanket cylinder gears when the inside camp (op side) hits it's low spot. Is the plate cylinder on an eccentric? Am I out of time in the trip sequence? How can I get my cylinders to mesh again?

Remember that when working properly, this press will make you money.

Get this problem fixed by a trained press mechanic, and limit yourself to things you actually know something about. By asking if the plate cylinder is on an eccentric, you demonstrate your serious lack of knowledge about this. This is meant as constructive advice, not as an offense.

Al

I'm trying to print red communist propaganda, not make money! Seriously though, I appreciate the advice. I'm used to Harris Webs as I operate them at work, and find they are much easier to fix when broken.

I have been trying to wrap my brain around the intricate operations of AB Dick's and how they click. I get the basics however I'm going to leave the surgery to a doctor. Still, I am hoping someone could provide some insight on what could be wrong when the gears only mesh while the truck roller hits the inside cam op side at it's lowest point.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back