AB Dick Century 3500 problem

OkiTech

Hi, I have a AB Dick Century 3500 with Stream feeder. We bought it several month ago and just started using it. When we got all the settings right - runs awesome but it shuts down on the middle of the run - it goes off power and back on with blank display and irresponcive to any buttons. No error codes at all.
What helps, is to shut it off for 3-5 min. It would do this after 2-3K impressions. Any ideas please?
Oil checked.
Air reserviour bleeded - was nothing really in it.
Press would run pneumatic system pump every about 10 min or so when not used but on.
Any help / advice would be really appreciated.
Thank you.

It sounds like either the power supply for the electronics is not set properly or that the power supply or the electronics are overheating. I haven't worked on one in almost 10 years and don't have any manuals. The first thing to check would be the fans and filters for the electronics box on the non op side. The compressor cycling every 10 minutes or so is normal.

Check your Voltage rating on the Machine and then check your actual voltage to the machine. Most equipment will tolerate a 10% window for the electronics. Certainly it could be something more than this but a voltage check is simple and hopefully easy on the wallet. I have a drill we had to put a buck booster on a while back that was doing the same thing.

John Weaver

I have discovered that when this happens, +5V disappear in processor/logic bay, it would come back on it's own if machine let alone for a while. Took a DC power supply out, re-soldered pretty much everything , went to Radioshack bought some heat-sink compound paste for processors and applied it under all components on the heat-sink as there was none. Machine worked all day, well half a day - what rest of it. Had some table jams and toning but as it is my babysteps with it - it is our 3rd day we try to use it, this can be figured out. Anyone knows by heart recommended with of roller to plate strips - please let me know, tips on how to set stream feeder to run 20lb bond 11x17 would be greatly appreciated as well. Many thanks in advance.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back