AB Dick DPM 2340 Issues

PricelineNegotiator

Hello,

Warning: I am a major prepress/CTP newb

Recently we acquired an AB Dick DPM 2340 second hand. The main, larger cord (SCSI 68 to Centronics 50) that goes between the platesetter and the RIP, had a pin that was damaged when we received it. Since the cord was damaged, we could not shoot any plates through the machine to do full testing. Today we got the new cord and I loaded a PS file into the PrintersRIP program and hit the green light. It starts processing the files to send to the RIP but ends at

"Publishing AppleTalk channel PrintersRIP".

An error pops up and says

"System Error, Log-off and Log-in again.

pcc"

with the window title of "Dispatcher Error 3012" and my options are "Detail" and "OK". Clicking on "Detail" reveals "Destination not reachable.*" Not sure what the * means in this case. I have exhausted my Google-Fu looking for anything to do with what I have stated.

Is there any chance anyone could help me with this issue? We have an agreement with the past owner that if the machine does not work, we would just get our money back. We don't want to waste too much more time and money on this machine if we are ultimately going to chuck it, as the past owner does not want it either.

Thanks in advance for any help. I am more than glad to clarify if you have questions.

Last edited:
Do you have the serial cable connected as well? My 2340 had a scsi cable and a serial cable connected between the engine and the RIP. Also,turn off the RIP and try t reseat the SCSI card in the RIP and restart the rip. Make sure the DPM 2340 is on and connected before you restart the RIP. SCSI is very particular about order, the error looks like a communication error between the engine and the RIP.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back